Early stages of DCL wedding planning: Looking for people to share their experiences with getting married on either the Disney Dream or Fantasy!

Disneygirlxo91

Mouseketeer
I’m in the early stages of looking at either planning a wedding or the dream or fantasy obviously the dream has shorter sailings and the fantasy longer so most likely looking at the dream.

Things I’d love to hear more about!
1. What you liked and didn’t like?
2. If there was anything you could do differently
3. Where did you hold your ceremony
4. Did you have any sort of reception? ( I mostly want to make sure we can do a cake, and traditional dances)
5. How many people did you have?
6. Did you do any special dinner?
7. What did you do for photography?
9. how far in advance did you plan or even how close to the date?
10. What time a day are wedding held at the different locations?
11. Any thing else you have to share!

I am looking at doing it in the outlook , or castaway not a fan of the atrium. No more then 18 people probably even less would be there. I want a space to do cake, first dance, father daughter, mother son dance, I’m thinking maybe a group dinner at palo? I am not sure I want to get married but I want to do pictures on castaway for sure! the pictures are very important to me! I’d even be open to doing the wedding one day, and at least myself and the groom getting back in our wedding clothes for pictures on castaway.

Last edited:
I got married at WDW, not DCL, but I'm a big fan of cruising. With the Covid testing requirements still in place, which change a lot, I'd be worried about that.

If I were a guest of your wedding, I would love it if you had it on the ship followed by Palo or Remy dinner. Selfishly, if I’m paying for my own way, I’d want to enjoy CC myself without having an event take up the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter