Early November Travelers - Weather Watching Yet?

Christine

DIS Veteran
I know in the end, the weather doesn't matter as you can't really do anything about it, but I've started watching the weather forecast (just the iPhone app) so I can sort of plan my clothing out a bit (do I need a few heavier items, etc).

It's kind of disappointing. My trip is 2-9 November. I was looking for some sun. It does seem to be holding into the lower 80s (good) and I have yet to see the whole week's forecast yet, so there's hope.

Over the last week, this week, and then my week, I'm seeing a lot of clouds, rain, and very little sunshine. I noticed this a bit for this past week. My parents are living down in the The Villages and I asked them how it played out in reality as opposed to the reports. Parents said the weather has been odd. There might be some sun, it clouds up, they get some rain, and then it's okay. I know all about the daily rain in Orlando, but thought seriously that stopped in late October and November. November is one of their lowest precip months! All I'm seeing is gloom.

I've been to Disney once when El Nino hit. It was miserable. We had rain 5 out of the 7 days. My family who is going with me this trip, also went on THAT particular rainy trip, which I assured them was a fluke. They haven't been in about 20 years and, gosh, if we get the same gloom I'm going to be so bummed for them. Plus now I've got two elderly folks on ECVs and two very young kids with us. I don't think we're going to easily tour through the rain like we did before.

So am I overreacting at this point? Again, it really doesn't matter. As they say: It is what it is. Anyone local reading that can tell me what I'm seeing is WRONG!!! :)

So am I overreacting at this point? Again, it really doesn't matter. As they say: It is what it is. Anyone local reading that can tell me what I'm seeing is WRONG!!! :)

Yes. It's Florida. It's pretty much 50% everyday, even when Sun is out and zero clouds in the sky.

Yes. It's Florida. It's pretty much 50% everyday, even when Sun is out and zero clouds in the sky.

Well, let me put it this way then: earlier this month, as I looked at the weather app, I would see days and days of full sun (always knowing there was a chance of T-storms). Starting last week, it has been doom and gloom on the app. Rarely any sun showing on any of the days. I didn't care much when I first saw it, thinking it was just some weather pattern, but it seems to be a permanent fixture now.

I looked at Accuweather and it's showing mostly sun during your trip. I'm there the following week and it's showing clouds and rain during my trip that weren't there a few days ago. I hope yours is right and mine is wrong!

1. I like Weather bug for hourly forecasts, but I think it only goes to ten days, maybe seven.

2. Weather is so unpredictable, they changed "forecasts" to "nowcasts" - where they tell you what the weather is, not what it's going to be.

3. Meteorology: the only career where you can be consistently wrong but still keep your job.

I looked at Accuweather and it's showing mostly sun during your trip. I'm there the following week and it's showing clouds and rain during my trip that weren't there a few days ago. I hope yours is right and mine is wrong!

Well that sounds better!! I am not sure what service feeds the iPhone weather app. Maybe weather.com.

I have 3 weather apps and one website shortcut on my phone.

They rarely, if ever, agree.

As you said, don’t sweat the wet stuff, there’s nothing you can do about it. Just get an idea of the temp for layering needs and have a super trip. :goodvibes

Note: IMO the app that comes with the phone is the most incorrect of them all.

I’ve been using the weather channel app and feeling the same way! My trip is the same time as yours and I was hoping for some afternoon pool breaks, especially because in my area we are now out of the warmer weather. I’m telling myself it’s still too far out for an accurate forecast and hoping if there is rain it will be a quick storm!

We'll be there Nov. 2-5, and I'm trying not to look at weather forecasts yet. It's still too far out to be accurate. I'm going to look starting mid-week, when we're closer but still have a few days at home to pack appropriately and buy anything we need. If we do end up with lots of rain, I see poncho and shoe purchases in our future. (But fingers crossed we have good weather instead!)

Okay, now that we've discussed it I had to go look. It's still too far out to be accurate, but Accuweather's forecast doesn't look bad. At least it's not supposed to rain all day.
Screenshot_20191027-102243_AccuWeather.jpg

O/T @Christine. Your parents are in The Villages? How long have they been there? Which village are they in? My dad moved to Florida 2 years ago, alone, not really knowing anyone at age 82, It was out of the blue. 2 years ago, he decided to take a vacation to Florida to see The Villages after hearing so much about it. A cousin on my moms side lives in The Villages, but we aren’t close to her. While there, he looked at houses and came home stating he was moving to Florida. He did not purchase in The Villages but chose a 55+ community in Summerfield, FL. He is close to the Spanish Springs Village. We have visited the area and love it. We just got back from visiting my dad and amazed at all the new areas that are being built in The Villages. It’s huge and still major building is going on. A huge area is nearly complete since the last year when we were there. Breaking ground in another huge area.

O/T @Christine. Your parents are in The Villages? How long have they been there? Which village are they in? My dad moved to Florida 2 years ago, alone, not really knowing anyone at age 82, It was out of the blue. 2 years ago, he decided to take a vacation to Florida to see The Villages after hearing so much about it. A cousin on my moms side lives in The Villages, but we aren’t close to her. While there, he looked at houses and came home stating he was moving to Florida. He did not purchase in The Villages but chose a 55+ community in Summerfield, FL. He is close to the Spanish Springs Village. We have visited the area and love it. We just got back from visiting my dad and amazed at all the new areas that are being built in The Villages. It’s huge and still major building is going on. A huge area is nearly complete since the last year when we were there. Breaking ground in another huge area.

My parents are in an area called LaBelle. They bought a used home. Last year, when we were at Disney, they stayed in Florida after the vacation and drove over to The Villages. They didn't want to go there at all but I said "hey, you're here, just go see it." They had been up and down the east coast looking at over 55 communities and nothing quite met the mark. I think because we are from a pretty busy area (just outside DC) and a lot of these over 55 communities are really off the beaten path, they were getting discouraged. When they went there, they just felt like it had enough "bustle" for them. They went back down in October 2018 and did some serious househounting and found a place in a few days. Settlement went quick, and then they stayed there for 3 weeks after. Spent the holidays here in Virginia, and then went back down in late January and stayed through late April. They stayed here in Virginia all summer and just went back down about 2 weeks ago. So for now, they are fairly transient, but they seem to really enjoy it there. I have yet to see their new place and I don't think I'll see it while at Disney (too busy) but I'll have to make a special trip down in March I think (when it's really crappy here).

Jersey week looks pretty good in Lake Buena Vista!

Attachments

• 3DB25AF7-FB08-44DB-9EAB-538FEBE6677E.png
    3DB25AF7-FB08-44DB-9EAB-538FEBE6677E.png
    166.6 KB · Views: 11
My parents are in an area called LaBelle. They bought a used home. Last year, when we were at Disney, they stayed in Florida after the vacation and drove over to The Villages. They didn't want to go there at all but I said "hey, you're here, just go see it." They had been up and down the east coast looking at over 55 communities and nothing quite met the mark. I think because we are from a pretty busy area (just outside DC) and a lot of these over 55 communities are really off the beaten path, they were getting discouraged. When they went there, they just felt like it had enough "bustle" for them. They went back down in October 2018 and did some serious househounting and found a place in a few days. Settlement went quick, and then they stayed there for 3 weeks after. Spent the holidays here in Virginia, and then went back down in late January and stayed through late April. They stayed here in Virginia all summer and just went back down about 2 weeks ago. So for now, they are fairly transient, but they seem to really enjoy it there. I have yet to see their new place and I don't think I'll see it while at Disney (too busy) but I'll have to make a special trip down in March I think (when it's really crappy here).

Oh wow. You will love the area and The Villages is really an awesome place, if it fits your needs. We have enjoyed going over to Spanish Springs to eat, listen to music and shop a bit. The golf carts are really something else. Glad they like it.

I was in WDW the last week of September and prayed for cloud cover as it made the heat tolerable. So with the 80 degree predicted days and humidity I will be happy with some cloud cover as long as those clouds don’t hold all day rain showers. :-), but if they do, I will survive as I AM IN DISNEY. WOO HOO!

Just checked again bc I can’t help myself. The 3, 4, and 5 are cloudy with higher chance of rain but the 6, 7, 8 says more sun than clouds!

Just checked again bc I can’t help myself. The 3, 4, and 5 are cloudy with higher chance of rain but the 6, 7, 8 says more sun than clouds!

I keep checking too. I really need to just stop with the app. It stinks. Sunday (3rd) is looking like a real cool day at 78 (and cloudy). That's our MK so it should be fine. Hopefully we'll get some real warmth later so that the pool and waterpark are options.

Looks like the likelihood of rain and thunderstorms is decreasing between 11/2 and 11/5. :dogdance: This is from Accuweather.

Screenshot_20191030-034525.png

Looks good! Wonder what the deal is on Sunday with the little drop in temps? This definitely is better than my phone app, which BTW, is showing really crappy weather for Friday, 11/8.
I can't vouch for its accuracy, but this is what Accuweather has for the second half of Jersey Week.
Screenshot_20191030-114328_AccuWeather.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!