Early November Question

GeorgiaHoo

DIS Veteran
We are thinking of booking a trip to Disney the first or second week of November (something around the races the weekend of November 4) instead of late October. Does anyone know when the Christmas decorations go up at the parks/resorts? We've never been when those decorations are up and it would be great to see them. Thanks in advance.

MK will be decorated sometime between Nov. 2 and Nov. 9.

The rest of WDW will be in the "process" of being decorated, with everything being fully up and in holiday mode by Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.

yep - if you are traveling before thanksgiving, there probably won't be a lot to see at the resorts but the parks should start looking festive...

Thanks for the info. Sounds like we would see some decorations the first week or so but not everything. Guess that's better than nothing.

On a related note, do all the parks decorate for Christmas or just MK? We were there for Halloween two years ago and MK was the only park that seemed to have decorations.

We were down this past year. Attended MNSSHP on 10/31 and on 11/1 the MK was all decorated for Christmas.

Wow!
MNSSHP doesn't end until 12 Midnight, and it takes guests up to an hour, or so, to exit MK.

That would only leave under 7 hours to get MK fully "undecorated" from Halloween and fully "redecorated" for Christmas before
the early ADR guests enter MK at about 7:45AM the next morning.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like we would see some decorations the first week or so but not everything. Guess that's better than nothing.

On a related note, do all the parks decorate for Christmas or just MK? We were there for Halloween two years ago and MK was the only park that seemed to have decorations.

MK is the "most decorated" park.

Are you sure?
I'm wondering how that would be possible.

MNSSHP doesn't end until 12 Midnight, and it takes guests up to an hour, or so, to exit MK.

That would only leave under 7 hours to get MK fully "undecorated" from Halloween and fully "redecorated" for Christmas before
I have no personal experience of this at all, but I did see one website that claimed the Halloween decorations at MK came down on October 31 and all Christmas decorations were up by park opening on November 1. I saw others that said the decorations weren't up until later in the month. The disconnect is what prompted me to ask here, since I find there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on DisBoards.

Each park has a tree and some decorations. MK definitely has the most, especially as you enter in on Main Street. The castle lighting has been starting a few days before the first MVMCP, which was on Nov.7th this yr., which is one of my favorite things to see, and Main St. will be decorated as well by that time. Also the Jungle Cruise gets transformed to the Jingle Cruise around that time as well which is fun to do. The second week will allow you to see more done, and some resort decor will be started, like building of giant gingerbread house at GF(this yr completed around the 16th I believe) that you could check out.

Are you sure?
I'm wondering how that would be possible.

I can confirm this......Walked into the MK on Nov. 1 and there were Poinsettias planted and christmas decor everywhere. I thought the same thing. How the heck did they accomplish this when the park was opened until midnight the previous night. We even went on the Jingle Cruise.

We are thinking of booking a trip to Disney the first or second week of November (something around the races the weekend of November 4) instead of late October. Does anyone know when the Christmas decorations go up at the parks/resorts? We've never been when those decorations are up and it would be great to see them. Thanks in advance.
What races??? We will be checking in on Nov. 4th and it is my hope that the parks will be slow that week...what races take place then???? And I wasn't even thinking that Holiday decorations would be up then....that's kind of nice !!!!

The first week is also Jersey Week as well as Wine & Dine, so be prepared for those crowds (and price levels; they bring up the rate tier for resorts that week).

The first week is also Jersey Week as well as Wine & Dine, so be prepared for those crowds (and price levels; they bring up the rate tier for resorts that week).
Thanks - so the first week being like the first full week of November is Jersey Week? For example, November 1 is on a Wednesday, so is Jersey week that week or the following week (beginning Monday November 6)? Like everyone else, I'd like to minimize crowds as much as possible and I'm pretty flexible with the dates other than needing to be there the weekend of November 3.

Thanks - so the first week being like the first full week of November is Jersey Week? For example, November 1 is on a Wednesday, so is Jersey week that week or the following week (beginning Monday November 6)? Like everyone else, I'd like to minimize crowds as much as possible and I'm pretty flexible with the dates other than needing to be there the weekend of November 3.
This year, it's November 6-12. People start arriving Friday night and Saturday morning. The weekend is quite busy.

Jersey Week? Do the schools in Jersey ALL have off that entire week? Unusual time for a break from school !!!!

Jersey Week? Do the schools in Jersey ALL have off that entire week? Unusual time for a break from school !!!!
State Teacher's Conference. Minnesota has a similar conference, although most districts don't give the full week off.

Fall breaks are increasingly common.

Not all school in Jersey have off the whole week, but all have off Thursday and Friday for the convention, and some have off for election day and Veterans Day(depending on how it falls that yr), and between all that, some schools do close for the week and make it a fall break. But even if they don't, many parents take advantage of only missing a few days of school for a trip to WDW. In addition, as mentioned above you have the race weekend, and then the following weekend being the end of F&W festival, and Veterans Day weekend, so other schools may have days off, and locals head in for the weekend, so there is a trifecta of sorts.

Not all school in Jersey have off the whole week, but all have off Thursday and Friday for the convention, and some have off for election day and Veterans Day(depending on how it falls that yr), and between all that, some schools do close for the week and make it a fall break. But even if they don't, many parents take advantage of only missing a few days of school for a trip to WDW. In addition, as mentioned above you have the race weekend, and then the following weekend being the end of F&W festival, and Veterans Day weekend, so other schools may have days off, and locals head in for the weekend, so there is a trifecta of sorts.
So going down to WDW from 11/4 - 11/11 might not be as quiet as I had anticipated.....DARN !!! I thought the first week of November might be a 3.5 on a scale of 1 - 10...sounds like it's closer to a 6 or 7??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter