Early Morning Magic . . . how does this fit in?

Tomh

1100 miles too far North.
Ok, so here is my question for which I know there is no answer lol. We will be traveling to the world in August. We are less than 2 weeks away from making our ADR's, which means we are less than 2 weeks away from locking in which parks we will be at on which days.

Now then, I would like to do the Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom if it is offered this summer. We did it last summer, and it was fantastic, however, of course, the schedule only goes up to June. Worse, from now until the end of May, all of the Early Morning Magic events are on Tuesday, but in June they are on Sunday.

How in the heck am I supposed to know which day they will be on in August? Disney does NOT make vacation planning easy!

if there is an ADR that you must have do it for 2 mornings this way you can cancel one of them. but really how many ADR do you make they take so much park time from you. This is just MHO

This annoys me as well - impossible to plan a PPO ressie based on trying to catch the park with the EMH or not. Thankfully our saving grace has become that we're just not early morning people and irregardless of park hours we plan a mid-morning breakfast no matter what. If we're up and there's a park we want to get into for EMH we go and just wing it that day.

I know your frustration. I was hoping they would continue the Sundays in July for our trip, nothing at all scheduled as of now. What I did was got the 8am BOG as a placeholder incase the EMM is offered our Sunday. If not, well atleast we will hopefully get a headstart on SDMT and PP.

if there is an ADR that you must have do it for 2 mornings this way you can cancel one of them. but really how many ADR do you make they take so much park time from you. This is just MHO

Typically, I do PPO breakfast at CP, Chef Mickey's, and 1900 Park Fare, and most days we have an ADR for supper. While it does take park time to sit and eat, we have 10 days in the parks, and that time we spend sitting down to eat kind of takes the place of a mid day break for us. It is a chance to cool down, rest, and get ourselves ready for the evening in the park.

Obviously, planning a PPO breakfast on the same day as the park has the Early Morning Magic would stink for us, as would planning our days in such a way that we are not going to be in MK on they day that they offer the Early Morning Magic, since we would like to repeat that experience.

I would just try to over schedule ADRs. Go with the assumption that it will be on Tuesday or Sunday and do your best to make a double set of ADRs for those days, then when it is announced cancel the second set.

Ok, so here is my question for which I know there is no answer lol. We will be traveling to the world in August. We are less than 2 weeks away from making our ADR's, which means we are less than 2 weeks away from locking in which parks we will be at on which days.

Now then, I would like to do the Early Morning Magic at Magic Kingdom if it is offered this summer. We did it last summer, and it was fantastic, however, of course, the schedule only goes up to June. Worse, from now until the end of May, all of the Early Morning Magic events are on Tuesday, but in June they are on Sunday.

How in the heck am I supposed to know which day they will be on in August? Disney does NOT make vacation planning easy!

Or...use this...

http://www.kennythepirate.com/2014/05/04/kennythepirates-august-walt-disney-world-crowd-calendar/

What I ended up doing was switching my park days around so I have both a Tuesday, and a Sunday in MK. I don't have a PPO ADR either day, so that if the Early Morning Magic is announced, I won't have to change anything to add it.

Still, it would be SO much easier to plan trips if Disney would either announce all of these things in advance of the 180 day mark, OR . .. just make ADR's at the 60 day mark like they do FP+, and have everything else announced before 60 days.

What I ended up doing was switching my park days around so I have both a Tuesday, and a Sunday in MK. I don't have a PPO ADR either day, so that if the Early Morning Magic is announced, I won't have to change anything to add it.

Still, it would be SO much easier to plan trips if Disney would either announce all of these things in advance of the 180 day mark, OR . .. just make ADR's at the 60 day mark like they do FP+, and have everything else announced before 60 days.

Totally concur here. I am hoping to do the MK EMM on a Tuesday because I always avoid MK on the weekends. I have reviewed my plans and glad that my Sunday plan can easily switched with my Tuesday plan. If EMM is only offered on Sundays in August, I would just switch the days. However, I do have to book ADRs for both days, and it works out well if I want to book the same TS restaurants on both days.

It is harder and harder to plan for WDW now with all the uncertainties in EMMs, EMHs, opening times (such as 8 am vs. 9 am at MK), and closing times (such as 7 pm vs. 11 pm at AK) plus the uncertain opening of the Avatar Land.

Yup, I dislike it when they move EMH's to days when I am going to be in the park, because I find it always draws a bigger crowd.

I like it even less when they change park opening from 9:00 to 8:00 at the last minute. I've been caught off guard by this a few times. Showed up at the park a bit before 9:00 only to find that it was open and packed, and the lines were already well on the way to stinking. I've also had this happen on a morning when I had an 8:00 PPO ADR.

The later park closings don't bother me really, because it doesn't really change any of my plans, I can stay as late as I want, or leave as early as I want, no problem. Likewise, the uncertainty of the exact opening of Avatar Land doesn't really bother me either. I'll spend one day in AK regardless of whether Avatar Land is open or not, though I am relatively certain that it should be open by the time we get there in August.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but "special ticketed event 745-9am" is showing up on MK hours for Sundays in July. (I didn't look into August)
Sooo, good news, looks like my Sunday plan may pay off, bad news, still can't book it... :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter