? Early December off season

Kata

DIS Veteran
I am going to WDW 11/27-12/05,I choose that time because it is off season but I am reading lots of threads that people are not getting the reosrts they want and I even had my AAA TA try the rates at the Poly for me and they were soldout for that week (that is probably just AAA rates )so I am wondering if people may be booking rooms incase free dining is extended and may cancel if it is not extended or may it truly be busy then,what do you all think?
Thanks!!! :confused3

Kata said:
I am going to WDW 11/27-12/05,I choose that time because it is off season but I am reading lots of threads that people are not getting the reosrts they want and I even had my AAA TA try the rates at the Poly for me and they were soldout for that week (that is probably just AAA rates )so I am wondering if people may be booking rooms incase free dining is extended and may cancel if it is not extended or may it truly be busy then,what do you all think?

Hmm - interesting. I wonder if people are going for tgiving and staying. Or if there is a big event going on? I just booked my family's trip through AAA yesterday - at Poly 12/14 - 12/18 and had no problems booking at all. Maybe try for 12/04 - 12/12? I have heard 12/18 and beyond is pushing it for crowds - hopefully we are getting out just in time! Good luck!

I posted yesterday about the Poly being booked in early december. We are staying off-site at Windsor Palms for Nov.23-30 and then checking in to the Poly on the 30th for 3 nights ( which I booked about 6 wks ago ) lagoon view AAA rate. When I tried to add the extra night yesterday (Dec 4) there was nothing available- AAA rate, rack rate, garden or lagoon view. Nothing. However, online I tried to book Dec.3-6, instead of just the 1 night, and it did show availability, so I'm not really sure why I couldn't book the 1 night. Like you, I'm hoping the crowds are not bad, on previous trips it has been such a great time of year to go. I did read something about some conventions going on in the beginning of Dec so I'm hoping that's why the hotels are booking up, and hopefully the parks will still be manageable.

I would try what Marthasor suggested since sometimes a CM doesn't work with you long enought to fit into the schedule matrix that is probably pretty full right now.

According to my travel agent, this year is different from many of the previous years considering all of the policy changes this year support the Disney Celebration. The consider travel distinations and vacation times have shifted by many world travelers due to tsunami, Hurricanes, and celebration events.

The AAA rates have been holding their own this year against the AP rates for individuals who use the pass only once, this especially holds true for the later portion of 2005. It is no wonder you cannot find a AAA rate since you can obtain them far in advance where the AP rate you have to play the inconvenient wait and see game. Many lock the AAA and review the AP offering when it is released. Based upon the current AP rate I would expect most people who onlly use the AP once will stay with the AAA rate.

We had originally planned on going Dec. 2 to the 11th taking our children out of school for that week but I really had a time finding the resort I wanted for that time period (with AAA but this was back in MAY). I know this particular week (4-10) is Pop Warner so this increased people in All Star Resorts and some Moderates.
That being said....and this is only my opinion....School Districts Christmas/Winter Breaks are really late this year. Most are not getting out till the 20/21 or 22 of December. I think a lot of people are just staying some of that week after Thanksgiving and taking their kids out for a few days since they will go back and still have 3 to 4 weeks of school before Winter break begins. This was initially my thought with our situation. But after looking at everything we were able to get the resort we wanted at the discount we wanted and the airfare was $200 less for the week of Dec. 10 to the 19th. Funny thing is I can even get the Nurse discount at Swan/Dolphin from the 14th to the 19th but not any date in Dec. before these. So who knows what is going on.

Me and DW have a trip planned from Nov 27 - Dec 3 due to to off season, less crowding... we're staying at CSR but we've had the reservations since about June or so... Hope you're able to get the Reservations you are wanting.

Kata said:

The time period from the end of Nov. - the beginning of Dec. has become increasingly popular due to it being value season/cheap rates. Having all the Christmas decorations/festivities available, more and more people are planning their trips then. DVC is almost completely booked for this time, plus Mousefest is Dec. 1-3 and Pop Warner Dec. 4-10.

So the secret is finally out!!! :earseek:

Yes, I agree. The secret is out and in a big way this year. We are going too, 11/29 - 12/10. I really feel it is going to be busier than usual. I don't care, we'll deal with it fine, but I got really spoiled last September when we went right between 2 hurricanes and it was empty.

I actually hope they DON'T do free dining because if they do, it's going to be like spring break down there!

I have to agree with the secret is out theory. People (thanks to boards like these) have learned that early December is a great time for a visit so lots of people who would never consider that time frame normally now plan visits that time of year. I think you get a lot of repeat visitors in early December and my guess would be that repeat visitors are more likely to stay on-site thereby decreasing the number of on-site rooms available. I have always heard that even if the on-site resorts are booked solid the parks are still not that crowded unless the off-site hotels are also booked.

Thanks for the great replies,I do have all the ressies I want,FQ for 3 nights,AKL CL for 2 nights and BWI for 3 nights and I booked those with
AAA back in January with a couple of changes alone the way, but when I asked my AAA agent to do some checking on the rates at the Poly and it was sold out and then I asked her to check the price difference of my FQ package only staying 2 nights instead of 3 they were sold out at FQ also and could only make a guess at what the rate would be so I am beginning to worry but those may just be AAA rooms that are full so it may not be so bad.I called the IPO at AKL last week and one of the planners told me I was coming at the best time of the year because it isn't very busy and that October use to be slow also but this year it isn't(?free dining)I would consider changing dates but it is difficult with work and I already have Cirque Du Soleil tickets,MVMCP tickets,CP tickets so I will hope for the best.
:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!