Early Christmas?

wheelcap

Gee Mom, I wanna go "HOME"
We've visited around Christmas before, but want to go earlier this year - we're thinking early November. Does anybody know what date most of Christmas (decorations/merchandise/etc) will be ready this year? I'm guessing it will be the first full week of November, but don't want to get there before it's all ready.

The resorts are decorated via a lottery and from my understanding the only time that all the work is guaranteed to be done is the weekend after Thanksgiving. Anything after that should be a safe bet.

The resorts are decorated via a lottery and from my understanding the only time that all the work is guaranteed to be done is the weekend after Thanksgiving. Anything after that should be a safe bet.
Yep, resorts are always last and happen after Thanksgiving.

We go the 2nd week in Nov every year and everything is usually all decorated. The Very merry xmas party usually starts the end 1st week in Nov each year.

Yep, resorts are always last and happen after Thanksgiving.

With that being said how soon after Thanksgiving do you guess?

We are checking in day after Thanksgiving and want to resort hop mainly to the deluxes to check out the icon trees and décor. Thanksgiving is also early this year. Maybe we need to save resort hopping til the end of the trip

We are checking in day after Thanksgiving and want to resort hop mainly to the deluxes to check out the icon trees and décor. Thanksgiving is also early this year. Maybe we need to save resort hopping til the end of the trip
Depends on the resort. Some are quicker than others. We will find out ahead of time much closer to the dates.

In 2015 when we checked in the day after Thanksgiving, all of the resorts and parks were fully decorated for Christmas.

In 2015 when we checked in the day after Thanksgiving, all of the resorts and parks were fully decorated for Christmas.
Sometimes the large trees and gingerbread houses are on different schedules.

Sometimes the large trees and gingerbread houses are on different schedules.

That's good to know! I always assumed that everything was done by Thanksgiving. We are looking at going that weekend again this year so hopefully it will be done again.

That's good to know! I always assumed that everything was done by Thanksgiving. We are looking at going that weekend again this year so hopefully it will be done again.
I believe the BC gingerbread carousel was one of the last things up. Boardwalk didn't even have a big display this year.

We went the 2nd week of November. Everything was decked out for Christmas. They even had the Frozen themed castle lighting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter