Early Christmas 2021

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1. Held Christmas on Thanksgiving, as daughter was able to get time off.
2. More gifts than I imagined.
3. One BIGGIE for me - not in cost but in feelings.
4. Wife bought me a watch of my favorite ride in ALL of Disney.
5. A wristwatch face that reads:
. . . "There is a great big beautiful tomorrow,"
. . . "Shining at the end of every day."

6. Besides
. . . my father's watch and
. . . my graduation watch,
. . . this is my favorite.
7. I saw the Carousel of Progress at the 1964 World's Fair.
. . . Now, MUST ride it every time we visit MK.
. . . Without fail !
. . . Yes, old and not well updated, but do not mind.
. . . Makes me feel more like a kid than any other ride.
. . . At my age, little else makes me feel that young.

Scupper, You are a lucky , lucky man. I too remember CoP in the 64 Worlds Fair in Flushing Meadows Park along with It's a Small World The Unisphere , Boat Cars , and The Pieta.
I am still a huge fan of CoP's narrator, The Late, great Jean Sheperd and have and still read many of his books. I even went to LU CHOWS Sunday Brunch (One of the Big Advertisers on his radio program) So if yo come to the Dismeet Teamubr is planning in Jan wearing it I will have an ironclad alibi if you get mugged and liberated from it.

Last edited:
Scupper, You are a lucky , lucky man. I too remember CoP in the 64 Worlds Fair in Flushing Meadows Park along with It's a Small World The Unisphere , Boat Cars , and The Pieta.
I am still a huge fan of CoP's narrator, The Late, great Jean Sheperd and have and still read many of his books. I even went to LU CHOWS Sunday Brunch (One of the Big Advertisers on his radio program) So if yo come to the Dismeet Teamubr is planning in Jan wearing it I will have an ironclad alibi if you get mugged and liberated from it.

. . . TRUST ME, the CoP watch will be worn at our January Meet.
. . . Security Guards to be hired.

. . . TRUST ME, the CoP watch will be worn at our January Meet.
. . . Security Guards to be hired.

That is one of my many rides. I hope they never change it!

, , , Well, it could stand some updating.

The first 3 scenes are “frozen” in their time, perhaps it has been de used to freeze and preserve the early 90’s (although after typing this, I read they are planning to update the scene and have Tom Hanks narrate… wonder if that is true as it was indicated as something being done in time for 50th… could have been back burnered like so many things with pandemic)?

Yes the jump from Scene 3 to Scene 4 is not far in terms of time in the ride sequence. But Scene 4 is not relatable (in the early 1990s) for the crowds of the 2020s. So it is a tougher "follow" for today's crowds from the 2020s to get 1990s tech gags (but I'm old enough to get them). And earlier jokes in the ride.

It's a Walt classic so Disney can update Scene 4 if they want to but leave the rest ALONE!

<plz>

Bama Ed

Last edited:

. . . I read they are planning to update the scene and have Tom Hanks narrate . . .
1. Update rumors have been floated for years.
2. And Years.
3. And Years.
4. One day, maybe they will actually update the ride.

ADDED CHRISTMAS:
1. We celebrated on Thanksgiving when daughter flew in.
2. Then they surprised on Christmas morn.
3. Wife bought me the new FW backpack.
. . . super heavy duty
. . . FW sewn on patches
. . . gorgeous

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter