EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

Susan - Mentioned Laura's and my idea of going to NC this summer to Mike. He's game. We'll have to see what happens with Mike's job in the next couple of weeks. I also left a message with my SIL to find out when they are out of school, they live in Ashburn VA so would want to try and see them.

Staci - How's the weather up in Iowa? It's cold here but haven't had much in the way of snow and I for a few weeks.

I enjoy seeing all the pictures everyone is posting. Can someone send me instructions on how to post pictures. We lived in lived in dialup land for so long I never have tried.

Hi Patty. It would be really fun if you guys could visit this summer.

To post pictures, I download mine into photobucket. From there, you copy the last link and paste it into your post. I usually edit my pictures to a smaller size. Once you set up your account on photobucket, you'll see what I mean by the last link. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Melissa ~ how is the job going?

Hi all. The weather here actually got kinda nice today, only to get freezing cold in the afternoon. Here's my photo of the day! It was on formal night.

100_3264.jpg

Susan--Long story short...well, quasi-short...my mom is in San Antonio and my dad is in D.C. My dad was stationed at Ft. Sam Houston and we moved to San Antonio in 2005 after living in Germany for 4 years. It just so happens to be where my mom's parents had lived for 43 or so years. After a year there, my dad got orders to go back to Germany. However, my grandparents had grown dependent on my mom to get them to appointments and whatnot. So, my dad went to Germany and my mom stayed here. My grandmother died in September, which, as hard as it sounds, was a huge burden off my mom. My grandmother hadn't been out of the hospital since really March, and was generally in bad shape. Since then, my grandfather has gotten better, but is in no way able to be left alone. That was why this cruise was so important to my mom...it was the first time since we really moved back to the states in 2005 that she had a day off. So, my dad moved to D.C. about 2 weeks ago. It's nice having him back in the country. It makes calling him way easier...no more calling cards and 7 hour time differences. Plus, his job has him traveling so often that we probably see him just as often as we would if he was here in Texas. The Army has him traveling between here and D.C. so we get to see him pretty often. In fact, he just got here yesterday and will be here until next Sunday, so he'll actually be here for my birthday on Saturday!

So...that's my long story short.

Oops...ETA...I hope she wears the dress on the PC cruise. We'll be packing for 3 weeks, however. We're hitting WDW before hand and DL afterwards...lots of time in the laundry room. Hopefully it can fit in the luggage this time! If so, I'll be posting lots of pics!

Hey all--
I've been reading just not posting. We are back in the busy routine of school, basketball, church, concerts, etc, etc, etc.

The weather here is just plain cold. We did have a snow day last week when we got a little over 4". It's too cold to take Andy anywhere. Usually we go to open swim in the afternoon when DD goes to band but we've only been once since we've been back. Now we just stay in the van and watch Baby Einstein movies for 45 minutes.

We are re-doing our office. It is the room that Bart (our old dog) lived in. We had him put down right before the cruise because he was having lots of accidents and was just gone. We had to tear the carpet out so I painted and DH is attempting to put down a laminate wood floor.

Andy isn't walking yet. Just talking and drooling. He needs another haircut already. Maybe we'll have to take a quick trip to the Main Street Barber.

Patty--We're going to try to make a flying trip to KC this weekend to go to a DCL house party at DisneyPoor's house on Sunday. I don't know if we'll make it or not, depends a lot on the weather. We can't leave until late Saturday because DD has show choir until 4 so will see. If we do we'll honk as we go past Gardner, they live in Ottawa. I do have an extra picture frame piece for Laura, if you PM me your address I'll stick it in the mail for you.

Susan--I hope that your routine with John keeps going, what a little stinker. I saw that you were giving advice about Flounder's. The one poster keeps making Flounder's sound horrible, I'm glad you're setting the record straight.

Sharon--Glad you found a use for the goody bag, I haven't figured out what to do with mine yet. If I tried to put the mail in it the ribbon would rip, too many bills!! :)

William--It's great that you can vacation with your parents. We invited my parents to go on our next cruise with us. They finally agreed to go but my mom is driving me crazy. We want to fly in the Tuesday before and do the parks for a couple of days and she doesn't know when they want to, where they want to fly out of, etc. She isn't accepting my role of master planner very well.

Cristi--:wave: Tell everyone Hi from us.

I'm on the wrong computer to post a picture, all of them I've uploaded, I've posted already. Talk to you all soon!

Patty, once you get to photobucket and upload your photos, it's the IMG code that you copy and paste onto the DIS.

Stacie, I like answering the questions about Flounders. I feel like it's something I know about and I like to help out the other moms. If I can put John in Flounders, anyone can put their child in there. I'm quite persnickity.

I'm sorry you had to put your dog down. :hug: They get to be like members of the family. I hope the remodeling goes well.

William, I'm sure it was hard living away from your dad while you were in high school. I did it twice to finish out school years when my dad changed jobs, my freshman year and my junior year. I'm glad your mom got the break she so much deserved. My mom was the caretaker for my grandfather. He lived to be 94 and was very healthy until his last year. I also worked as a social worker in nursing homes for 5 years before having children. It's very hard (and rewarding) work taking care of elderly adults.

Here is our view of the Magic from the van driving across the bridge to the port.

DSCF0691.jpg

Okay, here's my first attmept at posting pictures. This is Laura and her pet parrot.

DSCN2801.jpg

and Hannah, Laura, and Rachel on formal night

DSCN2740.jpg

Hi everyone!

Everyone's pictures are so nice.

Susan, I'm glad NYC was fun!

I've been really busy lately with my new job. I love it though! I'm also preparing for the wedding. I leave in 13 days so theres a lot to do.

I also bought a new car 1.5 weeks ago. A 2003 Beetle Convertible. I'm exciting & I love it. My Camry was on its last leg & I was afraid each day on it making it to Boston & back so I didn't want to do that for long.

Hi,
I was wondering if there was another way to get that PDF of the Autograph book besides paypal?
We don't have paypal and that person is in the UK?

Please help - I would love to do this as I would rather have the pages seperate so I can scrap them when I get home and not have to rip them out of a book

TIA
Mickeyfreak9
tlprehm@comcast.net
first EVER trip 4/9/08

Yeah!! our original thread is back!!

Mickeyfreak, I'm not sure what you are referring to, but thank you for finding our cruise meet!! :worship: Good luck finding your answer.

Now we can see our old photos and review our wonderful memories!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter