EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

We had a very pretty white Christmas. We got several inches (I am thinking 5 or 6). Then on Thursday we got a few more inches of snow too. The roads are fine though so all is well. I just wish I could get rid of my cold. :sad2:

Happy New Year DIS Friends.
I just got home last night about 5:30 to no snow. Hope everyone is feeling better.
It was so nice putting faces to names. I loved the goody bag. It was fun to come back to the cabin & find something in the bag. Beth even enjoyed the activity books. Thank you everyone for all the neat & clever home made gifts, & of coure the candy. Staci thank-you for all you you did. I loved the M&M magnet. don't know who to thank for that.
We gave the coal (Cristi guessed that right away, I just can't figure out how),
Delaware items, gloves for the girls, had them for the boys also but when I was on the ship I couldn't find them, coins for pirate night, hand towels, stuffed animals, juicyfruit candy, & of course the hallmark ornament. Hope everyone was able to get a family picture.

After the cruise we did a week of Disney we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside, it is a nice place. December 24 we were at MK OMG it was jammed packed with people, strollers, wheel chairs, EMC's. I've never seen it so packed, but it was a Monday, & that is always the worse day.

We had great table mates on the cruise, father, Mother , & 11 year old son. The mother looked & acted just like Rose ann Barr. OMG she was so funny. I really looked forward to dinner. I think I was meant to be with her. I also enjoyed running into my Dis friends.

Well have to go for now. Save more for later

Hey Sharon--Glad you made it home safe and had a great week at WDW. We got lots of family pics, I need to upload them to Photobucket so I can share them.

I'm scanning in all the navigators now to send to a moderator, wanted to let everyone know so that they didn't do it too.

I really should be taking down the Christmas tree and making out my lesson plans for this week but it is more fun to stay in cruise mode. :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'm working on organizing for the wedding...in fact I pulled my suitcases out to start putting in my warmed clothes again after I did the laundry.

We are still deciding on what our next big vacation will be. Our ten year anniversary is on Thanksgiving Day next year and we may try and do something then. We may do another DCL cruise in 2009. If we do we will probably try and get the same room. We were in 2070, a great location for a cat 9.

Patty,

Our ten year anniversary is in March. Kris and I are trying to decide what we're going to do to celebrate. It's a crazy time of year for him but we'll squeeze something in while the kids are in school. My mom lives 5 minutes away so their routines won't be interrupted.

We booked the DCL 7-night Eastern for Thanksgiving 2009. Our friends, Jim and Lillie, are coming again too (along with several other families we know). It should be fun with a big group of us travelling together and our kids will only miss one day of school this time.

I'll send the pictures of Laura and Hannah. The one I took of them with Belle is cute.

Sharon

I have cousins that live about 45 minutes away. They have a 6 year old son. They came over and spent the night. We ate lots, put the kids to bed, then played board games and cards. We only lasted until 1:30 am though.

After they left this morning, we began tackling Rachel's playroom and bedroom for organizing and making room for her new things. It's so hard for her to let go of things, even though she rarely plays with much of her stuff. She's currently watching a Hannah Montana marathon...yeah!

Hope everyone is well and recovering from those stomach viruses/colds.

Welcome back Sharon!!

What did you guys do for New Years?

The kids watched The Disney Channel until they fell asleep. Kris and I stayed up watching movies until 3:00am. Today, we all slept really late. At 4:00pm we were all still in our PJ's. It was a very relaxing day. Kris has to go back to work tomorrow after being on vacation since December 13th. Needless to say, he's really bummed.

Sharon

Happy New Year everyone!!
We didn't do anything exciting. I was tired after working all weekend and yesterday (our entire office moved into a new building and we were all busy unpacking). We just had leftovers for dinner and the kids and I watched Harry Potter 5. Brad was upstairs watching the History channel or something. I went to bed after the movie, Brad was already asleep and the kids stayed up until midnight.

Today we went up to my parents house for a late lunch/early dinner (better known as linner :)). My uncle was in town. It was fun. I am about ready for bed though. I hope I don't cough all night again. :(

I know you people in the north and the mid west are going to laugh at me, but it's down right cold here. The current temp. is 31 and we had some snow flurries earlier today. Yesterday was in the 50's. Here's our forecast for tonight: Clear, still breezy, and bitterly cold. Lows will dip to the upper teens to around 20, and the wind will make it feel like 10!

Let me see if I can find a freezing smiley:cold:

I know you people in the north and the mid west are going to laugh at me, but it's down right cold here. The current temp. is 31 and we had some snow flurries earlier today. Yesterday was in the 50's. Here's our forecast for tonight: Clear, still breezy, and bitterly cold. Lows will dip to the upper teens to around 20, and the wind will make it feel like 10!

::yes:: I can relate. It's supposed to be 27 degrees tonight and I'm going to turn on the heat for the first time this season. We were wearing shorts three days ago!

::yes:: I can relate. It's supposed to be 27 degrees tonight and I'm going to turn on the heat for the first time this season. We were wearing shorts three days ago!

Okay you two, no complaints on the weather. It was a balmy 8 degrees here yesterday morning. You guys remind me of the people from Miami that we met on the way to MK after we got off the cruise. It was 60 degrees and they were wearing parkas and gloves.

We are however looking at a heat wave coming in. We're to get above freezing today :woohoo: It hasn't been above freezing since we've been home. Tomorrow it's supposed to be the 40's, 50's on Saturday and maybe in the 60's by Sunday. It will be time to break out the shorts and swim suits.

Hi Patty,
We went to Epcot after the cruise. We were wearing jeans and our wool Mickey sweaters and were still a bit chilly!!

Has Laura gone back to school yet? Rachel goes back Monday.

Hi Patty,
We went to Epcot after the cruise. We were wearing jeans and our wool Mickey sweaters and were still a bit chilly!!

Has Laura gone back to school yet? Rachel goes back Monday.

I'll admit it was a little cool that morning. We wore jeans and jackets to MK. We knew from past experience that it gets cool after dark so we had planned accordingly.

Laura goes back to school on Monday. All the area public schools went back today. I think Laura's getting bored at home. We still have a little snow on the ground but it's been too cold to go out and play in it so she's been pretty much confined to the house.

Tomorrow night there is a Kid's Jamboree at church in the school gym. We will probably go so she can see some of her friends.

I get to start work on Monday.

I'm ready for this cold to be done. It was -15 today when you factored in the wind chill.

I get to start work on Monday.

I'm ready for this cold to be done. It was -15 today when you factored in the wind chill.

:cold: :cold: That is pretty cold. It warmed up to the 40's today and I think it is supposed to be in the 50's this weekend.

The kids start back to school on Tuesday next week. All of the makeup homework has been a killer on break. Rachel didn't have much, but Jacob had a ton! It has been a fight the whole time. :sad2: We won't be taking the kids out for that long of a time again.

Okay you two, no complaints on the weather. It was a balmy 8 degrees here yesterday morning. You guys remind me of the people from Miami that we met on the way to MK after we got off the cruise. It was 60 degrees and they were wearing parkas and gloves.

I'm not complaining--the cold weather is a welcome change. I just don't like it when it's 28 degrees one day and 78 degrees the next.

Hannah and Connor started back to school today. They were ready to go. It was so quiet at home that I finally got everything put away from the holidays and our trip. :cheer2:

Hello friends. Hope all is well with every one.

Does anyone know the link to get the release from the photo shop to get copies made from DCL. They let you make copies of the pictures, you just need the release form.

Wish I was back on the cruise, I miss it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter