EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

I'm so tired of cookies I could name them in my sleep! :rotfl: Tomorrow is a booth sale at the local Subway during lunch hour, final booth sales are this weekend then we are done for another year.

This year's cookies were:
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thin Mints
Samoas (carmel, cocunut, chocolate)
Trefoils (shortbread)
All Abouts (shortbread with chocolate on bottom)
Do Si Dos (peanut butter sandwich cookies)
Lemon Coolers (reduced fat lemon filled, rolled in powdered sugar)
Cafe Cookies (really hard spice cookies meant for dunking)

They got rid of the Double Dutch for us this year, they were chocolate with chocolate chips, YUM!

Tammy--Get a good night sleep and best of luck tomorrow!!! I'll be sending you good vibes! :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome, guys (gals). This should be a great cruise!

Our cookies were:

Thin Mints
Carmel Delites (same as Samoas)
Lemon Pastry Cremes (low-fat, lemon sandwich cookies)
Thanks A Lots (round shortgread coated on bottom w/chocolate - Thank you written in different languages)
Cartwheels (Low-fat cinnamon oatmeal - surprisingly good!)
Shortbread
Peanut Butter Patties
Peanut Butter Sandwiches

It looks like we had the same kind, just different names. I hope we get the Double Dutch cookies sometime - they sound yummy!

I think there are two different bakers (maybe more) - ours was ABC Bakers. Last year we had Strawberry Pinatas and Animal Treasures, which were discontinued, but the Thanks A Lots are just like the Animal Treasures, only round.

Our price per box was $3.50, the girls get 55 cents per box. Not enough, IMHO.

Tammy - Good luck tomorrow!

Good night all!

We had the same as you Stacie. It looks like Kathy had a couple of different ones. You will have to bring some of the lemon sandwich cookies. Those are good and we don't have them here anymore. We had the Double Dutch last year. I really like those!!!!! I don't really care for the new Cafe cookie. It is a dunking cookie. DD likes it dunked in hot chocolate. My co-leader really likes it though. I think the only thing that would make me like it would be to scoop chocolate ice cream with it. ;)

Stacie... hang in there cookies are almost done for another year. Ours are finished. I turned in my check to council a week ago Tuesday. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Kathy... Your cookies cost more than ours... Ours are $3 a box and the troop gets .50.

Welcome Kathy!

Well, no Girl Scouts here, since we have 2 boys...but I'll take a couple cases of the thin mints!!! :lmao:

It seems so far away, but I know that it will creep up on us and be here quicker than we expect. In the meantime, I have WDW next week (we booked that last year, and it is already here!), and the DVC member cruise in October, so that will keep my planning gene happy for a while.

Thanks everyone! I am trying to do calming things, like read the boards!!

Kathy! :wave: The four night is a great rate. I hope you stay on both!

I want some cookies! I ate so many Girl Scout Cookies this year I think I sponsored one girl at camp. :sad2:

Okay, I am off to buy snacks to feed the committee and butter them up.

Tammy

Well, the committee has met and I am now Dr. Bahmanziari!!!!!!

It has been a hard five years, but in a few more weeks I will get to walk down and get my degree. I am really tired and relieved!

Thanks for all your well wishes.

Tammy Bahmanziari

dutch_girl_scout said:
I'm so tired of cookies I could name them in my sleep! :rotfl: Tomorrow is a booth sale at the local Subway during lunch hour, final booth sales are this weekend then we are done for another year.

This year's cookies were:
Tagalongs (peanut butter patties)
Thin Mints
Samoas (carmel, cocunut, chocolate)
Trefoils (shortbread)
All Abouts (shortbread with chocolate on bottom)
Do Si Dos (peanut butter sandwich cookies)
Lemon Coolers (reduced fat lemon filled, rolled in powdered sugar)
Cafe Cookies (really hard spice cookies meant for dunking)

They got rid of the Double Dutch for us this year, they were chocolate with chocolate chips, YUM!

Tammy--Get a good night sleep and best of luck tomorrow!!! I'll be sending you good vibes! :goodvibes

Those are all the same cookies that we had this year. My daughter sold a case and that was all to family members. :lmao:

TammyAlphabet said:

It has been a hard five years, but in a few more weeks I will get to walk down and get my degree. I am really tired and relieved!

Tammy Bahmanziari

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: Time to party:
Congratulations!!!

TammyAlphabet said:

Tammy Bahmanziari

Yeah Tammy!!! Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good job, I'm sure you are way relieved! What a great feeling, and quite the accomplishment!

Congratulations Tammy

We got our cruise information in the mail yesterday. I need to remind myself not to wish my days away.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. We're heading to Minnesota today for the regional swim meet. I'll probably have withdrawl from the DIS boards. I think I'll take the laptop and hope the hotel has Wi-Fi (naughty, I know).

Thanks for all the congrats! I appreciate it very much. :grouphug:

Now I have to hurry and get a job so I pay for all these trips and cruises!! :sunny:

I wish the cruise was coming more quickly.....I need to get away.

Have fun at the swim meet Stacie!

My husband took the whole family out to Lone Star Steakhouse last night to celebrate. It was really good. Now I need to get on a diet for my next WDW trip. ;)

Hello all--I found our thread hiding on Page 3. Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was hard to wake up the kids and send them back to school today after having them home for a week. Part of me wishes we had year round school so that they had several breaks instead of just two.

The swim meet went well this weekend. DD is already talking about next year.

Tammy-I'm glad you got to celebrate a little this weekend, you deserve it. Any news on the job front?

PinkPrincessMom-Thanks for starting a ticker for this cruise, I'll live through yours for a while, at least until we tell the kids. I did ask them this weekend if they thought they would still want to cruise on Disney in '07 and they both gave me these looks like "DAH! Why wouldn't we?" Guess it was a silly question.

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!!

Hey everybody...

I did nothing worth 2 cents the whole weekend... :sunny:

No news on the job front yet. I am expecting at least one offer this week but I haven't gotten it yet and I am sitting on pins and needles.

My husband is out of town for the next week, so that means I get the remote from time to time. :rotfl2:

I saw the preacher's wife in church and she asked about a job and I said no luck yet and she said she was tired of praying for me!! (She was kidding!)

I need some girl scout cookies!!

Hey all--
Saving our thread from the 2nd page.

The Girl Scout Cookie sale will be history on Friday. YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Now I just have to make sure I have leaders lined up for next year. This has definately been a starting over year. I'm ready to lose my mind.

It's Wednesday, the weekend is just a few more days away. We have a Girl Scout event Saturday, then my son's boy's choir is performing Saturday night. Sunday a new session of Sunday School starts. Guess that about does it for my weekend.

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Hi guys! It has been busy around here. I had to work last weekend and then M-W this week. I am tired. Not used to doing 5 days straight ( I usually work 3 days a week... if I am lucky only 2). I haven't really been up to dis'ing when I get home by the time we get done with homework it is getting close to bed time.
I just found out on Monday night that one of the other troop leaders in our unit is missing. Both her and her husband are missing. It is really strange. She was last seen on Feb 24th and her husband was last seen on March 14th. I guess that she was going out of town the 24th and hasn't been seen in any of the locations that she was supposed to show up at. Her husband left town on the 14th for a job interview or something. He has been seen in the state he was going to, but nobody has heard from him. I didn't know him at all, but I do know her. I just saw her on Feb 22nd at a unit Thinking Day activity that we had. It is pretty sad. Please keep her in your prayers.

Oh, Cristi! I hope they find those people. That is always so scary to hear.

Stacie--I am wanting some Do-si-dos!! Oh wait, I am a lump. Guess I will retract my request.

Job front--I have two offers on the table. Woo Hoo. They are only 500 dollars apart. So I guess I will pick the based on the other factors. I think I have decided to take the one in Tennessee. (My home state) I am just waiting on some final information from that school. But this is pretty exciting.

I have cancelled my Thanksgiving trip to WDW for this year but I am going to do a girls only trip with my daughter over fall break in Mid-October. We can do the MNNSHP. I got into OKW, but I am waitlisted for BWV. Well, I can dream can't I?

They found the husband yesterday I guess. He(Frank) was found in Arkansas in a suicide attempt. I don't feel good about Terri. He seems awfully guilty of something. The police are still looking at is as a missing person case though.

Tammy, that is great you have two job offers. Where in Tennessee is the one school? I lived in Tennessee for about 4 years when I was a teenager.

The school is Middle Tennessee State University. It is a rather large university about 30 miles south of Nashville. So it is a really nice area. I think I will really like it there. All the professors are so nice and the facilities are top of the line. Tennessee has no state income tax so that helps make the salary go farther.

I will have to call and let them know I have decided to accept the job.

Wonder where Unixadm went? Nzdisneymom? Yoo Hoo!!! Come back! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter