EARLY CHECK IN: December 15th, 2007 - Seven night Western - 12/15/07

unixadm

DIS Veteran
We just booked!!

Category 6, Stateroom 6060

I know it's WAY early...but I'm getting excited already!!!

So...who else is going???

dutch_girl_scout has put together a website to organize the DIS'ers going and their info:

dutch_girl_scout said:
The website is up and ready for anyone who wants to submit their information.

Please e-mail me:
DIS name(s)
First and Last name of people in your group including ages of kids at time of cruise
If you have early or late seating
E-mail address (if you don't want it listed let me know)
Birthdays for your group, including age kids will be on next birthday
Family Picture
Brief description of occupations, families intrests/activities
Pre and post cruise plans
For each kid: picture, activities and/or interests, grade they will be in at cruise time, activities they are looking forward to on the cruise

I will e-mail you the site address once I receive your information.

vanweeldens@mchsi.com

You may want to look at Costco.

2 Adults and 2 Children (ages 5 and 7 at that time) in Category 6......

Disney's Website: $5310.20 (no transfers/no insurance...We will drive, and I will add 3rd party insurance)

Costco: $4857.60

Plus, if I pay it off with the American Express, I get 2% cash back.

Costco told me that as of April 1st, they are no longer allowed to discount Disney Cruises....what they will be doing instead is giving a store gift card instead of the discount. The person I spoke with did not know how much the card would be good for.

This is consistant with a thread that I read that as of April 1st, NO travel agent can give a discount off the price.

Okay.... I just put my deposit down..... Room 2106...
Myself, DH, DD12 and DS 9(at time of sailing)
I am so excited..... :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

So, did you go through Costco?
We can't wait either! Wish it was THIS year!

No, I went with Dreams Unlimited. I wish it were this year too! I just went in December on the Eastern and a lot of the DISer's that I went with re-booked for the same time this year. I am really jealous..... Oh well, at least now I have my own cruise to look forward to. It is just so far away...... We aren't telling the kids right now that we have another one booked.

Yeah, we didn't tell the kids either, but I think my 5 YO heard my wife and I talking about it. It's not that we are trying to keep it a surprise, it's more that we don't want them spending 1 3/4 years anticipating it!

It's funny...our kids are 3 and 5. When I booked, I realized that they will be 5 and 7 when we go! Good thing is that they will be in the same group for Oceaneer's Club. Our older one will turn 7 on December 13th, 2007, so we will have a birthday celebration on board for him.

Well...as of right now, we leave:

1.7757 Years from now

OR

21.3086 Months from now

OR

648 Days, 20 Hours and 20 Minutes from now

OR

15,572.3392 Hours from now

OR

934,340.35 Minutes from now.....

and counting

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

unixadm said:
Well...as of right now, we leave:

1.7757 Years from now

OR

21.3086 Months from now

OR

648 Days, 20 Hours and 20 Minutes from now

OR

15,572.3392 Hours from now

OR

934,340.35 Minutes from now.....

and counting

:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :yay: :woohoo:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay, I can tell already... we are going to get along great! Does your wife think you are as crazy with the disboards as my husband does? :crazy: He does love all of the info I get though and meeting all of my dis friends.

Yeah we aren't really trying to keep it a surprise from the kids, but we do have a big WDW trip planned for this summer with my parents, brother and his family so I want to keep the focus on that for them. DH thinks we should wait until a couple of months before the cruise before we tell them, but I know I won't be able to wait that long. Besides, I will need to get a countdown timer at some point and I know that DD will notice it when I do.

That will be cool to celebrate you son's b'day on board. My b'day is on the 10th. Last year that is the day that we boarded the ship. It was great!

Yes, my wife thinks I'm a bit crazy for spending so much time on the board. I'm a moderator on the TiVoCommunity forums, and spend lots of time here, so it seems like I'm always checking in somewhere on my laptop.

She does know that we wouldn't have had half as nice vacations if it wasn't for the info and people I've met here, though. She is amazed at the great info I've found here. I &lways seem to have the answers.....thanks to the DIS.

We're joining you for the 12/15/07 cruise!!! It will be me, DH, DS will be 14 and DD12. We are VERY excited!! Cristi, it will be nice to meet you and your family I've heard a lot about you, we're going on the 12/09/06 cruise and as you know, that is a chatty bunch!!

dutch_girl_scout said:
We're joining you for the 12/15/07 cruise!!! It will be me, DH, DS will be 14 and DD12. We are VERY excited!! Cristi, it will be nice to meet you and your family I've heard a lot about you, we're going on the 12/09/06 cruise and as you know, that is a chatty bunch!!

Glad to see you made it over here!

I saw your PM, went to answer it, and got called away from my computer. I was going to point you here!

Yes, it's early....we have a VERY long time before the trip, but hey....by that time, we will all be longtime friends!! :grouphug:

We have an upcoming WDW trip...and although I'm really lookiing forward to it, this cruise is on my mind even more!

cristit14 said:
Okay.... I just put my deposit down..... Room 2106...
Myself, DH, DD12 and DS 9(at time of sailing)
I am so excited..... :cool1: :cool1: :banana: :banana:

Are you going on the DVC Member's Cruise as well? If so, then we will be on 2 of the same cruises!

dutch_girl_scout said:

Stacie, great to have you with us!!! I know you guys are very chatty on the 12/9 cruise.... You need to talk some of those guys into coming with us... I had a really good time on the last cruise with them. I miss them. What grade will your DD be when we cruise together? My DD will be in 6th then. Wow, will she really be that old? My little girl is growing up. .... :sad1: We will have to let them email. Not yet though because we aren't telling the kids until at least August, after our WDW trip.

unixadm said:
Are you going on the DVC Member's Cruise as well? If so, then we will be on 2 of the same cruises!
No, we aren't DVC members....

cristit14 said:
Stacie, great to have you with us!!! I know you guys are very chatty on the 12/9 cruise.... You need to talk some of those guys into coming with us... I had a really good time on the last cruise with them. I miss them. What grade will your DD be when we cruise together? My DD will be in 6th then. Wow, will she really be that old? My little girl is growing up. .... :sad1: We will have to let them email. Not yet though because we aren't telling the kids until at least August, after our WDW trip.

Cristi--
My DD will be in 6th grade also. She is excited because they will be the last 6th grade class to go to middle school, after that they are changing the elementary from K-5 to K-6 and the middle school from 6th-8th to just 7th and 8th.

We haven't told our kids yet either, partly because it's so far away and partly because we're going this December. We're trying to figure out if we should surprise them with it while we're gone, or what. The other thing is that we got a Cat 3 for the 2007 cruise. We've talked to people who will be in a Cat 3 on our 12/09 cruise and they said we could give them a tour and work it into a surprise somehow. I haven't quite figured it all out yet.

I was going to ask, my ISP allows me to have web pages. Should I start one for this cruise? It might take me a few days to figure it out but I think I can do it.

Stacie.... If you want to start a web page for the cruise that would be great. I was thinking about it, but I am not sure if we have that ability or not. Do you want to do it soon or wait until after your next cruise......

I think you should tell your kids on your Dec cruise. When you are taking a tour of the cat 3 room you could ask them who wants to sleep where when we are on the cruise next year? ......

My wife and DD (5 now) will be joining you as well. We haven't told our daughter yet either. We went on a 4 day cruise in September of 2005 and she keeps asking when we are going back. She also insists that our next cruise has to be a 7-day!!

Well, at least we have lots of time to save up for the cruise. I can't wait to see the ship all decorated for Christmas.

pinkprincessdad said:
My wife and DD (5 now) will be joining you as well. We haven't told our daughter yet either. We went on a 4 day cruise in September of 2005 and she keeps asking when we are going back. She also insists that our next cruise has to be a 7-day!!

Well, at least we have lots of time to save up for the cruise. I can't wait to see the ship all decorated for Christmas.

The ship is really pretty all decorated up for Christmas! We just sailed in Dec '05. I think the first night they have a tree lighting ceremony, but we missed it last time. Next time I want to see it.

pinkprincessdad said:

Welcome aboard!! We figure we're covered for Christmas presents for at least the next two years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter