Early Breakfast at Table-Service Restaurants in Epcot

ChanellF

DisneyCAMama
Do any table-service restaurants in Epcot open early, like before park opening for breakfast? I see that Garden Grill and Akershus open at 8am, at the same time the park opens.

Nope.
The only thing that's even close is that Akershus opens well before the rest of World Showcase, but you don't get access to any of the rest of the Showcase except Mexico, and their stores and pavilion will be closed until 11. Frozen Ever After starts operating when the park opens, not when WS opens, so the Akershus meal won't give you a jump on that either.

Garden Grill and Akershus do typically open an hour before park opening. Is this by any chance an EMH day? That's the only reason I can think why the park and restaurants might be opening at the same time.

We have many times used PPOs to get a jump on the rides. With a GG PPOs at 8am on a 9am opening day, we typically get to ride Soarin around 8:45/8:50 just before the rope drop crowd arrives. Same with Akershus: if you eat quick, you can get in line for Frozen Ever After before the rope droppers.

Do any table-service restaurants in Epcot open early, like before park opening for breakfast? I see that Garden Grill and Akershus open at 8am, at the same time the park opens.

EP opens at 9:00 a.m. unless you're looking at an EMH day. If that is the case, then there are no PPO reservations. I would choose a different day if you want to do a PPO at EP.

Yeah...the pre 9am slots are generally considered pre-park opening since Epcot (from our experiences) most commonly opens at 9am. We've had the 8am at Akershus before and entered around 7:45am to make our ADR.

Thanks guys. Right now I've got an 8am ADR at Epcot for 12/31, but park opens at 8am that day. 😒 Was hoping it was a PPO slot and the park opened at 9am, but I think it's opening early for the holiday. Bummer. Wanted to get on Frozen right at the park opening, but I guess we'll do it an hour after park opening. Hopefully it won't be a horrible line.

Thanks guys. Right now I've got an 8am ADR at Epcot for 12/31, but park opens at 8am that day. 😒 Was hoping it was a PPO slot and the park opened at 9am, but I think it's opening early for the holiday. Bummer. Wanted to get on Frozen right at the park opening, but I guess we'll do it an hour after park opening. Hopefully it won't be a horrible line.

Take this with the grain of salt it is worth. You are looking ar NYE in a WDW park, and you are going to miss what will probably be the shortest queues for the day at breakfast.

I would skip breakfast and book something a little later so youi can take advantage of the early morning.

Agree with Nancy56. That is the ONLY day that week that EP opens at 8:00 and it is a very RARE 8:00 open that is available to ALL guests, not just on property. By the time you finish breakfast, it will be a horrible line along with just about every other headliner in EP.

If that ADR is a must do, then just prepare yourself for a long day of waiting in lines, which you will have anyway, but that 8:00 hour will be the least crowded of the whole day.

Take this with the grain of salt it is worth. You are looking ar NYE in a WDW park, and you are going to miss what will probably be the shortest queues for the day at breakfast.

I would skip breakfast and book something a little later so youi can take advantage of the early morning.
I agree with this. I'd skip breakfast and book something much later. Maybe even lunch (once it gets really crowded). I'd take advantage of the early morning crowds as much as possible. You can get a lot of rides in with little wait.

Yeah, totally! We're actually not even spending the day at Epcot that day, because NYE 😬. We have our breakfast ADR at Akershus, which was the only time/day we could do it and then I was hoping to get into Frozen Ever After afterward. After that, we're out of Epcot completely. We're planning to spend the rest of the day at AK--which I'm hoping will be the least desirable park for people to visit on NYE and I think we'll only spend a half day there. It's not a big deal if we don't get to see Frozen Ever After too, because we are going to try to use our Tier 1 FP+ for another day to get into FEA. We'll see if we can get the FP though. 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!