Early arrival and luggage

RKS03

Mouseketeer
Hi all. I’ve never arrived early at a DVC resort. We’re likely going to be arriving at BWV by Uber before check in time. Will the resort hold luggage and deliver to room when available? We’d like to head to the parks. I seem to recall when staying at Non-DVC Disney resorts before our dvc membership that we had to be at the room and call to ask them to deliver our bags.

Thank you,
Rich

You can drop your bags with bell services. We do it every trip. For some reason, our rooms are never ready early. Just luck of the draw.

Will the resort hold luggage and deliver to room when available? We’d like to head to the parks.
Bell services will deliver to your room. Usually once our room is ready we are there we will call bell services and they will deliver -- We have typically only waited under a half hour to get our luggage. It is nice to tip them so keep that in mind when you are receiving your bags.

Check in time is 7:00AM, room ready time is after 4:00. You can check in at the front desk and have bell services store your luggage.

:earsboy: Bill

If you fly in to MCO, and use DME your checked bags will be delivered to your room free. No tip required as it is included in your dues to cover the DME trip.

It is nice to tip them so keep that in mind when you are receiving your bags.

It is expected that you will tip Bell service people who bring your luggage to your room, and Hotel//Resort housekeepers, Table Service servers, and Disney's Magical Express drivers. Oh, also, the people at Resort Airline Check-In. Is there anyone else you should routinely tip?

We leave our carry-on bags with bell services, then pick them up when we get back to the resort and just take them to our room ourselves. It worked well at BCV and BWV, but would have been a long walk at SSR if we had to leave bags with bell services there.

It is expected that you will tip Bell service people who bring your luggage to your room, and Hotel//Resort housekeepers, Table Service servers, and Disney's Magical Express drivers. Oh, also, the people at Resort Airline Check-In. Is there anyone else you should routinely tip?

The housekeepers at WDW under their union agreement with Disney are in a non-tipped position and instead of getting tips, they are paid a higher wage. Many guests tip anyway but IMO, that makes it unfair for other employees. Also at the resorts the luggage un-loaders who unload your car at many of the resorts and all of the valets are not Disney employees. The un-loaders take your luggage from your car and pass the cart to bell services. Unloading the cars wasn't generating enough tips so they outsourced the job. The valets don't work for Disney so Disney isn't responsible should there be damage to your car while at the resort.

Although I tip housekeepers, they aren't a tipped position per their contract, like disneynutz said.

The housekeepers at WDW under their union agreement with Disney are in a non-tipped position and instead of getting tips, they are paid a higher wage. Many guests tip anyway but IMO, that makes it unfair for other employees. Also at the resorts the luggage un-loaders who unload your car at many of the resorts and all of the valets are not Disney employees. The un-loaders take your luggage from your car and pass the cart to bell services. Unloading the cars wasn't generating enough tips so they outsourced the job. The valets don't work for Disney so Disney isn't responsible should there be damage to your car while at the resort.

Very interesting. Thank you. We have ALWAYS left a tip for the housekeepers. I didn't know they had a different deal.

“Per their union contract, housekeepers at WDW are a non-tipped position . . .”
Very interesting. Thank you. We have ALWAYS left a tip for the housekeepers. I didn't know they had a different deal.
At the end of our recent trip to Polynesian, for the first time ever, I did not leave a tip. And I recommended to those traveling with us that they not leave a tip for their room. I hope I didn’t really stiff anybody.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!