2018 Watch: All 2018 Itineraries are announced as of May 11th, 2017!

ROFL!!! Hubby is the same way. Is it 2019 for SW Land? We are getting APs again the year it opens.
I wonder how much AP's will cost by then? I thought about getting AP's this year, but resort prices are too high and availability too low. I'm still can't get over my sticker shock for our upcoming trip in May. We've stayed away for almost 5 years. It would cost us less to go to Europe or Alaska this year, but the kiddo is excited. I tried talking him into the 15 night TA, but nope he wants WDW.
I think will make another trip in 2019 just for Star Wars land, but not again until then.

I was trying to compare Summer 2016 prices on opening day to Summer 2017 prices on opening day to try to get a feeling for what Summer 2018 prices might be. I noticed that the Bahamas itineraries for June were different (if I am reading it correctly). I didn't see the two stops at Castaway Cay or the 5-day itineraries on the Dream for June 2016. I realize no one has a crystal ball, but do you think these itineraries will be available for Summer 2018, and does anyone have a guess about how much prices might increase? The tickets I planned to buy for Disney World before the cruise actually decreased this weekend which was a very pleasant surprise.

I wonder how much AP's will cost by then? I thought about getting AP's this year, but resort prices are too high and availability too low. I'm still can't get over my sticker shock for our upcoming trip in May. We've stayed away for almost 5 years. It would cost us less to go to Europe or Alaska this year, but the kiddo is excited. I tried talking him into the 15 night TA, but nope he wants WDW.
I think will make another trip in 2019 just for Star Wars land, but not again until then.
We stay off site at the new Homewood Suites Anaheim Convention Center, so it makes the APs not so bad. Plus DL APs are way cheaper than WDW APs which I would just not do, plane tickets are too expensive to Orlando from Idaho for APs. We go once a year to Orlando to see family but usually don't go to the parks.

We stay off site at the new Homewood Suites Anaheim Convention Center, so it makes the APs not so bad. Plus DL APs are way cheaper than WDW APs which I would just not do, plane tickets are too expensive to Orlando from Idaho for APs. We go once a year to Orlando to see family but usually don't go to the parks.
I have to give another thumbs up to Homewood Convention Center!! Fantastic property and it's right next door to a Disney parking lot so you can walk next door to catch a shuttle to/from the parks.

We stay at Springhill suites next to the convention center. We love the big rooms and the breakfast. It's also walking distance. We have stayed at all the Disney resorts. This was 5+ years ago. The way rates have gone up you'd think it was 15+years ago. I remember paying 225.00 for the GC and 150.00 for Paradise pier. If only my salary went up as fast as Disney prices.
Sorry so off topic....back to cruising.

I'm impatiently waiting for either July 2018 (for my 40th) or October 2018 (NEOEA Days in Ohio) for a seven night Fantasy. We've done a 3 night Halloween on the High Seas in 2016 so July looks like it's winning the race just to have a "regular" cruise experience - but how much more expensive is "summer" vs "fall/hurricane" season?? That's probably going to be the kicker.... Then to decide between a deluxe family or standard stateroom for our family of 4 - having a little extra space would be really nice...

I'm also impatiently waiting to look at the prices for summer 2018 out of California or Florida. Can't wait!!!

I'm impatiently waiting for either July 2018 (for my 40th) or October 2018 (NEOEA Days in Ohio) for a seven night Fantasy. We've done a 3 night Halloween on the High Seas in 2016 so July looks like it's winning the race just to have a "regular" cruise experience - but how much more expensive is "summer" vs "fall/hurricane" season?? That's probably going to be the kicker.... Then to decide between a deluxe family or standard stateroom for our family of 4 - having a little extra space would be really nice...
For a family of four it could be 3 to 4 thousand more to cruise in July vs October. Not sure how many is in your party, but it will be substantially higher.

For a family of four it could be 3 to 4 thousand more to cruise in July vs October. Not sure how many is in your party, but it will be substantially higher.
Four. Disney is expensive period - I'm just hopeful that opening day might make things a little more reasonable.

Last edited:
so how will we know when they announce? Do platinum members find out first, or is it travel agencies? I just want to know as soon as i can so i know what to book (if i book)

I can't believe they haven't released the summer 2018 dates yet. Does anyone know if there's another cruise line that does a repositioning from Dover to Barcelona?

I haven't checked this thread in a while, so excuse me if I missed it. But, is there any word yet on when the remainder of 2018 itineraries will be released or when opening (booking) day will be for them? Thanks.

A room popped up on the Panama canal cruise next April. I was able to grab it with my OBB. It was probably the 10th time I've tried in the last 4 weeks. The cruise is sold out, but every once in a while a cat 10b gty would pop up. I would call and it would already be gone. I got lucky today. Interesting the price was only 100.00 more for me and my son than it would have been had I booked on opening day. 4,600 was the price. I would expect the Oceanviews and Verandahs went up significantly in price. Love this itinerary the Baltics is definitely being put off until 2019. I have an Alaska cruise booked on the Bliss for September 2018, but if the TA on the Magic is super cheap like it was this year I may do that instead.

Anyone have a link to what opening day prices were for 2017 Alaskan cruise? Trying to figure out if it is in our budget or not. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter