Earliest departure time from Copenhagen?

EllieBride

DIS Veteran
Starting to think about booking our flights for next summer... what is the earliest departure time you would feel comfortable with? Noon? 1pm? It sounds like the airport is fairly close to the port. TIA!

Does DCL have a recommendation on their website? I poked around a little but only found the general recommendation (not port specific) that said 12:30 earliest flights.

Looks like Disney recommends 1PM. We flew out of Copenhagen in August 2018. I'd say the airport is 30-40 minutes away--you have to drive completely across the city as the port/airport are at opposite sides. We did the Disney transportation. Had our 7AM MDR breakfast, then waited for our luggage tag to be called. Found our luggage, got on the Disney bus, and made it to the airport by 9:45AM. Bag check wasn't until 10:30AM for our 1:30PM flight. Depending upon where you're flying to, you'll need to go through both security and passport control. There is a big shopping/food area inside of security, but before passport control. Depending upon your airline, the times for your flight may change, ours started out as a 3PM departure--we were happy it changed to 1:30PM, but wouldn't have been happy if it became a morning flight.

From Disney:
For the Copenhagen sailings on August 5, 2020, and August 13, 2020, we recommend the following flight-time guidelines:
  • Latest arrival time to Copenhagen Airport on Embarkation Day: 1:00 PM
  • Earliest departure time from Copenhagen Airport on Debarkation Day: 1:00 PM

Hmmm... our 1:40pm departure has been changed to a 12:45pm departure time. Let's hope that there won't be further changes. I don't think I want to cut it too much closer to the suggested time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!