Earliest bus from MCO to port?

Lollipop's Mom

<font color=teal>Special trip with your little one
For those who followed our story from Feb 9 - we are REBOOKED!!!!
Woohoo!

Anyway trying to decide on the hyatt the night before or going straight to port via towncar the night before.
What is the earliest bus to port from MCO?

Stay in a hotel.....
Although maybe just sleep on the dock and wait for the boat?
Or go fishing?
Or wait for a space shuttle to launch randomly?
Eat some lobster...?

But staying in a hotel seems the logical option.

We are doing the Hyatt thia Friday for the night and catching bus in the am on saturday. Disney said first bus should be about 10/10300

Thanks! April 27th!! So excited...now stay healthy.....stay healthy.... lol

That is wonderful and not too far from now either. Yes stay healthy! :)

After keeping up with what happen to you and ur daughter i have been terrified! My girls must thi k im nuts with all the precautions im doing to make sure we are all ok for our travel on friday and cruise saturday

First bus is usually a little earlier unless they have changed procedures. The Airport Desk has been opening around 9:00 AM since they stopped doing cruise check-in at the airport. The first bus has started boarding around 9:30-9:40AM with departure around 9:45 AM. For the DVC Member cruise last month, first bus left at 9:40, we got to the port at 10:15, they weren't really ready for check-in yet, so we had to wait a few minutes. They may have adjusted the times since then, but if you are determined to be on that bus, I would probably plan on going to the airport desk around 9:00. They have comfortable waiting areas if the bus ends up leaving at 10:00 or later.

Last week we were on the first bus. It actually left at 920am. We were at the ME area at about 850am. We arrived at the port at about 1010am.

Very quick check in with no one there. You must have an early PAT to get on the ship early though. We had an 11am PAT. We recived a boarding number 4 at check in. It was less than 5 minutes once they announce the family of the day and Boarding number 1.

We on board at 1120am. This was the earliest we have ever experienced.
Just loved the hassle free ease of DCL transfers. It was just DW and I so the expense was worth it.

So happy for you!

We stayed at the Hyatt the night before our cruise last month and it was so easy! Leave your bags in the room at the hotel and they appear outside your cabin on the ship. We left the hotel room about 8:15, got breakfast at Krispy Kream and leisurely walked down to catch the bus. We had the 11-1130 PAT and were at the port around 1045, I think, and that was without any rushing around that morning. I would totally do it again.

shburks said:
So happy for you!

We stayed at the Hyatt the night before our cruise last month and it was so easy! Leave your bags in the room at the hotel and they appear outside your cabin on the ship. We left the hotel room about 8:15, got breakfast at Krispy Kream and leisurely walked down to catch the bus. We had the 11-1130 PAT and were at the port around 1045, I think, and that was without any rushing around that morning. I would totally do it again.

I didn't know the Disney transfers did that with your luggage.... How much extra do you pay for that vs just taking the shuttle and dealing with your own luggage?

I didn't know the Disney transfers did that with your luggage.... How much extra do you pay for that vs just taking the shuttle and dealing with your own luggage?

Luggage service is part of the 35$ charge. Just leave bags inside your room by the door. Very easy & convenient!

Twice now we've stayed at the Hyatt, grabbed Starbucks or Krispy Kreme in the airport, checked in downstairs at 9:00, loaded onto the first bus by 9:30 and at the port by 10:15. No luggage, no worries - hope it's as easy in Miami next month!

Luggage service is part of the 35$ charge. Just leave bags inside your room by the door. Very easy & convenient!

Yep! Traveled just my son and I in late January for the Dream from northeast so we flew in the day before to make sure we made the ship! Stayed at the Hyatt (so convenient and nice rooms). It was well worth the $35 transportation fee to not have to take our suitcases anywhere! Granted we had to get them off the carousel and to the hotel but that was pretty easy.

Make sure to tell them at the front desk of the Hyatt that you're going on a DCL cruise. They put your name on "the list" so your luggage will be collected and give you a piece of paper to give to DCL transportation check in that also lets them know that Hyatt has your luggage. I think it's a double check system to make sure your suitcases make it to the ship!

Stay in a hotel.....
Although maybe just sleep on the dock and wait for the boat?
Or go fishing?
Or wait for a space shuttle to launch randomly?
Eat some lobster...?

But staying in a hotel seems the logical option.

So glad you got rebooked! Hope your daughter has regained her strength. I followed the story as it unfolded and said many a prayer for y'all. :thumbsup2

Don't wait for the shuttle. You'd be waiting forever. The shuttle program is done. :lmao:

Last September hubby & I did the Hyatt MCO and transfers. Very convenient. Simple. Easy. Highly recommend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!