Earbuds on plane? Can I use?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
If I want to connect to my tablet through Bluetooth with wireless earbuds, am I allowed to do that on plane? probably a dumb question, but still, can I? 😄

Yes, probably a good idea to pair the earbuds to the tablet before getting on the plane. I've heard a few stories of things that didn't go well for folks that tried to pair while on the plane. Some of the new fancy Business class cabins actually have Bluetooth built into the seatback screens.

As an FYI depending on the type you have they may not work great to keep out outside noises depending on where you are sitting. I have a pair of 2nd gen Apple AirPods, w/o noise cancellation, and they did not do a great job on the plane, it was tough to hear at times. I ended up reverting to my over the ear noise canceling Bluetooth headphones. That said I have a pair of wired Sony earbuds with the replicable rubber/silicone ear tips and those always worked well. I think because those tip make a much better seat then molded earbuds. I don't think not having noise cancellation on my Apple AirBuds would have made a difference as they don;t have those tips.

Comply, available from mfg Amazon and ebay, makes lines of replacement ear tips. Some of the tips are noise isolating. It reduces outside noise. Memory Foam tips do a better job then the silicon tips typically included

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!