E-pass and Rental Cars

Degli

DIS Veteran
Hello,
I was reading that with a rental car you can use e-pass and it will be charged to your bill? I am using Alamo. Can I do this? How do you request this? Can it be done when you register or checkin online? Thanks!

The program varies by rental car company.

I don't rent from Alamo so my experience is with Hertz.

With Hertz you get charged the toll PLUS $2.50 per day you use the system. The fees are administered by a third party and will be billed to your CC a few weeks after the rental ends. With Hertz all you have to do is drive through the first Sunpass or e-pass booth and it's charging!

The company that does the processing is called PlatePass and a review of thier website does not show Alamo on the list. And I couldn't find anything on National's website saying they had this feature!

I'm not aware either that Alamo/National offers this option.

For those that do get a rental car with a SunPass in it, be aware that around Orlando toll road toll plazas carry either the E-Pass or SunPass logo but the Sunpass is valid at both. That means you can pass through the toll plazas at highway speeds without stopping, in the lanes marked with the Pass logo.

BobK/Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter