E-bay ? - Seller's account was suspended after I paid for my item?

Hillbeans

I told them I like Michael Bolton
I am a novice to Ebay and don't know all of the in's and out's of Ebay but I got a message below from the Ebay customer service:

Dear (my name and E-mail address),

Please be advised that the following auction:

XXXXXXXXXX (Auction #) - 2006 Burger King Spongebob Lost In Time Knight MIP

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account suspension of the seller. All results for this auction are null and void.

Regards,

eBay Trust & Safety

I won the auction on 6/9, and mailed my PO money order on 6/12 and I got the above today - 6/21.

What do I do? Whom do I contact? I have a copy of my Money order.

First thing is to go to MY EBAY and see if you have this message in your message center there. Do not click on any link in the email.

Also check the auction page to see if the seller is really suspended.

If they are......then contact the seller by email and ask when you will get your item.

If you don't get a response, or the item, file an "Item Not Received" with ebay. Since you paid by MO, sorry to say, you most likely won't get your $$ back. The other thing you can do is go to where you bought the MO and see if you can stop payment on it. Unfortunately, the seller has probably received it and cashed it by now.

Good luck.

The note came in the "My Ebay" mail address - there was no link attached.

I see the seller has quite a few more items for sale, they are a "Power Seller". I do not see anything that tells me the person is suspended?

I sent the person a note saying that I got this e-mail from Ebay about his account being suspended, sent my payment back on 6/12 and when can I expect my item.

What type of rating does the seller have?

Maybe ebay suspended the account because they didn't pay their fees on time.
If a seller doesn't pay their seller fees to ebay they can suspend your account until you pay it. Maybe that's what happened.

I hope you hear from the seller and get your item.

Hmm, the seller has a 99.2 % feedback and has bought/sold over 2000 items. I have 100% feedback and have only bought/sold 11 items

I did just realize though, after reading my original post that the item listed in that e-mail is not the item I won.

I won a SpongeBob Tai Chi, not a Spongebob Knight - it's a completely wrong item # - I am not the buyer of this other auction.

Hmm, this is very interesting now.

All this hassle over a $4.00 Burger King toy for my son...... :sad2:

Hillbeans said:
Hmm, the seller has a 99.2 % feedback and has bought/sold over 2000 items. I have 100% feedback and have only bought/sold 11 items

I did just realize though, after reading my original post that the item listed in that e-mail is not the item I won.

I won a SpongeBob Tai Chi, not a Spongebob Knight - it's a completely wrong item # - I am not the buyer of this other auction.

Hmm, this is very interesting now.

All this hassle over a $4.00 Burger King toy for my son...... :sad2:

Sounds like the email is a phishing (fake) email. Forward it to spoof@ebay.com and they will let you know if it came from them.

I just found your auction. The seller is not suspended. That is a fake email that is trying to get your ebay account information.

You should change your password ASAP just in case.

Thanks. I just updated my password.

I guess when I hear from the seller he'll probably know that this was a fake. I expect then my item is on its way to my.

I appreciate you taking the time to help me out. :goodvibes

This happened to me and I fell for it. I read the e-mail and clicked the link to the auction. I DID NOT enter my password or anything, but low and behold, a week later, someone was listing motorcylces under my name. Ebay caught it for me and closed the auctions. They then stopped anybody from using my account until I could prove it was me. It was a PIA, but worth it that Ebay was looking out for me. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter