E-Bay questions ?

marydmjj

DIS Veteran
Is there a standard timeframe to expect a payment? I didn't say payment due with xxx in my listing. My listing closed Aug 18th, I sent an invoice and I haven't heard a thing. What should I do?

With my invoice, I always let them know to contact me within 3 days (per ebay rules) and ask that they pay within 7 days.
I would contact the high bidder and check with them about how they intend to pay and when they intend to pay, in a nice way....
Do they have decent feedback?
Also, just as a piece of advice, you should put payment terms in your auction, and whatever other terms of service you wish to have....

I usually put in my auctions that i need to hear from the buyer in 3 days and receive payment within 10.

If its been a week and you havent heard anything then do a payment reminder..

You can send a payment reminder through ebay on/after day 3, do this now. If you do not hear from them in another 3 days and assuming it has been more then 7 days since the end of auction, go ahead and send a NPB.

IMO, it is always a good idea to set your terms in your auctions. I use the stand contact within 3 days payment within 10.

I guess I just need to post the problem on DIS and it gets resolved...I got the $$ today! Thanks for the input. I will definitely be putting a payment due by xxx on my next listing.

I like the 7 day theory. We accept both PayPal and Money Order.

I have seen auctions that only accept PayPal request payment within 3 days. I believe that is fair. As I allow the extra 4 days for a money order to be received.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter