Dyson on Overstock $279

Disneyglobegirl

DIS Veteran
Overstock has factory reconditioned Dyson vacuum cleaners on sale for $279.99 ($265.99 if you are a O club member) with free shipping and 90 days same as cash if you do the bill me later option.

I really need a new vacuum and have heard great things about Dyson. Anyone out there have one and is this a good deal? I'm little nervous about the factory reconditioned part.

Thanks

We have one, not refurbished or anything. LOVE IT! Actually its my moms but I clean her house for her once a week. This thing sucks up stuff like no ones business!! I wish I had the cash to get my own.

Its a great vacuum!

Thanks Cobbler - I really want one to help with my son's allergies - I keep hearing that they are wonderful! It is just hard to spend so much on a vacuum but I may order the one from Overstock along with a 2 year warrenty to ease my mind of the reconditioned part.

I have the yellow one....I love it. Sucks everything up! And I like being able to see what is in the canister after the sucking is done because with 2 small kids I am always picking up toys. The tools stay attached and require a yank to get them off so I don;t lose them as I vacuum. The only fault I have is it has a large base so does not fit under the sofa and beds but the handle pulls off to use as a hose and it is so easy I have gotten used to doing it that way and the large base does not bother me anymore. Actaully I probably vacuum better now that I use the hose handle so much...And best of all HUSBAND NOW VACUUMS!!!!! He had to try it out and was so impressed he actually pulls it out and vacuums once in a while....Not sure how long it had been since he has vacuumed prior to my purchase of my dyson...

Also check Amazon! I have been looking at them for awhile & found the reconditioned DC07 Full -purple/teal on sale for $279 w/free shipping. If you have time, look at them then wait a few days. I ordered the Full then checked my gold box & found the recon. Animal on gold box special for $315, plus $30 off first order if I applied for an Amazon CC. I did, cancelled the first order which luckily hadn't shipped yet, and the Animal should get here on Friday. :banana: I'm hoping it lives up to all the great reviews I've read!

I've read mostly great reviews on the reconditioned ones so we'll keep our fingers crossed!

Be careful about Overstock. Their restocking fees are very high. And their return postage is high. It was so high that it was not worth me returning my item. (It came to 50% of the cost of the item). They also do not answer their emails (I've emailed them 3 times in 2 weeks, because they only give you a certain amount of time to return). These are not good practices....

I'm cooling off buying from Overstock because of this.

I'll buy my Dyson at Costco.

Which model is the best? I have looked at the purple and yellow one. We need a new vacuum that can suck up this pet hair.

LOVE MY DYSON! You will love it. It is the best vacuum ever :sunny: My son has severe environmental allergies and it helps so much. It does suck up everything! I know it is a bit of a sticker shock but once you have it you will wonder how you ever got along without it! My neighbor, my neighbor's mom, and my mom have all purchased a Dyson after trying out mine! I have the yellow one and purchased ours at Best Buy. I ended up doing a price match from Best Buy after I went online and found one at something like "vacuums for less" for $50 cheaper. I printed off the ad and Best Buy matched their price. I have had mine for awhile so I cannot remember exactly how much I paid. I have only had one tiny problem. One of the accessory nozzles snapped in half while I was vacuuming and I called Dyson and they sent me a new one at no cost. Aparently, they had some other issues with that same piece and ended up re-designing the piece. Go for it - you will love it!

I just bought the yellow one on Sunday and it's the best thing to ever happen to my home...

I was shocked :earseek: :earseek: :earseek: at home much my old vacuum was not picking up......I filled the whole canister and we just swept the day before we bought the Dyson... I swept again today and it STILL picked up a lot....

So quiet and light too!

ceecee said:
Which model is the best? I have looked at the purple and yellow one. We need a new vacuum that can suck up this pet hair.

The Animal is advertised to be the best at pet hair & has some kind of attachment for it as well. I've read lots of ads for the other models & reviews give great marks for pet hair w/the others as well. Other than the one pet hair attachment, I didn't see much difference in the models. I went back & forth several times reading descriptions while trying to decide.

I'd love to hear from pet owners about which model they have - is the pet attachment worth it?

Thanks so much everyone! I will definately be getting a Dyson because of my son's allergies and I have heard nothing but praise about the Dysons.

Thanks to the poster that let me know about Amazon.com having the refurbished ones too - I am going to go check it out right now!! I hope to have my Dyson in my house soon!! :flower:

Consumer Reports (Jan. '05) rated the Dyson Animal #13 out of 32 uprights tested. So in their opinion, it is kind of in the middle. The #1 vacuum was the Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled at a list price of $300. Also, I have a friend that is a sales rep. for a large carpet manufacturer. They advise against getting the Dyson as it has such strong suction that it lowers the life expectancy of the carpet.

I recently purchased the Eureka upright that has the static duster attached and returned it after one use as it was very heavy to push and the duster did not have enough of the bristle material around the wand, which caused the hard plastic to rub the surface of whatever I was trying to dust. Good idea...just needs to be fine-tuned a bit.

We have the purple animal model and we bought it for $299 at Best Buy. It's great. We had a Hoover wind tunnel model prior and couldn't wait to get rid of it! My husband complained for over 5 years that it just didn't suck adequately, so he researched and purchased the Dyson. My cousin with 3 kids has the yellow model and raved about it, so we figured we'd check it out. I too was shocked at how much more it got out of the carpet directly after I had just vacuumed with the Hoover. We have 1 child and 2 cats and have not had any problem with animal hair, dander etc. It works wonders. You won't be disappointed.

We did our own test with both the Hoover (top rated in CR) and the Dyson--we brought a bag of cracker crumbs, dog hair and lint and asked the salesperson if we could use the vacuums on our own dirt, lol! We also brought along a piece of remnant from the type of carpet we have in our home and another from the daycare center that I own.

The Hoover was far superior to the Dyson, so we walked out of there with a couple of them and have been very happy. Very son has severe allergies (allergic to every tree, grass, mold, etc.. ) and has been very healthy since we purchased the vacuum. I'm not sure if it is a coincidence or not but I don't so.

My sis has a Dyson and really likes it too though, but I can only speak from the experience we had. She did say that her berber rugs really take a beating from it and look more worn that her other carpet that was installed at the same time-not sure why? I personally would not purchase a refurb vacuum as the price is not that much different than what I've seen them on sale at Best Buy for in the last few months.

BTW-there are many models of the WindTunnel, the Self-propelled version is the one that rated #1.

We just bought Saeco VS5000 from Costco for $289 (originally was 999). We haven't tried it yet. We thought that it should be pretty good for that price. ha...

after many years of MANY vacuums (hoover, panasonic, eureka, etc), we bought a dyson.
after 6 months of use, EVERY single vacuum we had bought had significantly lost suction ~ after a year, most were more noise than substance ~ EXCEPT the dyson. figured we spent about $300 every year or so on a new vacuum with the other brands. my animal cost $400 ($500 less 20% at LNT), & worth lots more.
we've 2 golden retrievers & 3 cats :paw: & over the course of a year it still has amazing suction.
would never, EVER consider another brand! (even DH loves it!! :) )

hth :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter