Dxl DP, 10 days, 30 credits, Help - Are we missing any must-try's?!

TwinkleOz

Earning My Ears
We have never been to Disneyworld and this is also my children's first trip to the States (ages 7, 6 and almost 3). We are coming to DW for 10 nights, (another 5 nights at other parks) and staying at the Contemporary Resort and had to bump our free dining to deluxe due to all the bookings I was able to snag :upsidedow. I am a bit concerned at the possible amount of food we will be served, but I'm sure we will have lots of fun in the process. :thumbsup2

If anyone with some previous experience could help me with my ADR's I'd be most thankful because I literally have just booked the restaurants from reading reviews and pictures here!

If you think we have too many character meals or too much dining, please let me know. Also, if we are missing a restaurant that we should really try, I would be grateful to hear your thoughts!

I have bookings at:

Tusker House breakfast
Crystal Palace breakfast
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Akershus breakfast (will cancel this or the Akershus lunch)
The Wave breakfast (check out day)

Cinderellas Royal Table lunch
Crystal Palace lunch (I'm going to cancel either the CP breakfast or lunch)
Tusker House lunch (as above, will cancel b/fast or lunch)
Akershus Royal Banquet lunch
50's Prime Time Cafe lunch
Fantasmic Mama Melrose lunch (considering changing to Brown Derby)
Coral Reef lunch

1900 Park Fare dinner
Ohana's dinner
California Grill dinner
Sci-Fi dinner
Narcoossees dinner
Chef Mickey's dinner
Hoop Dee Do Musical Revue dinner
Le Cellier dinner
Cinderella Royal Table dinner (last night)

Other restaurants I'm considering adding:
Citricos
Flying Fish
Artist Point
Brown Derby (Fantasmic instead of MM)
but I don't know if these are too formal for my children? Though they are quite patient and well behaved and love food .

Are there any recommendations for other restaurants that I haven't booked? We have so many credits to use up! We have planned for usually 2 TS meals a day (I think 2/3 days out of 10 has 3 bookings). We do not have hoppers and plan to only tour the parks in the morning, go rest/nap at hotel, return in evening for mainly dinner and little more park touring. No super late nights. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

I'll be honest and say that I think that 3 TS meals a day is really pushing it. We did that once or twice and by dinner (which was generally a Signature restaurant and what I was most looking forward to), I just didn't want to eat. I was still full from lunch. Granted, we have little kids, so our dinners can't be at 8pm, but I don't even know if I would want a big meal that late, either.

We do the deluxe plan and I usually try to have 1-2 TS meals a day. We have many that take 2TS credits, so it's not hard to use all of our credits.

I would suggest cutting the duplicates like only one meal at 1900 Park Fair, CRT, etc. and trying something different. We've taken our kids to Narcoossee, Flying Fish Cafe, and California Grill and didn't feel like the restaurants were too fancy for kids. It's Disney, so you'll be fine. Right now, my kids are 7, 4, and 1 (never been to Disney), so you can gather what their ages were when we took them on past trips.

Ok so first are you there 10 nights? The credits are based on nights not days. I too would suggest 2 meals a day instead of 3 for most days. Our kids are 2 and 4 and 3 is ALOT. We love deluxe and have never found the signatures to be too formal. I would not do any restaurant more than once. Depending on what time you get in and where you are staying I'd also consider Room service for breakfast early a few mornings to save some time.

We normally try to make these brunch type meals.....
Tusker House breakfast
Crystal Palace breakfast (maybe an early 8am here w/ liberty tree lunch and late dinner at CRT after parade?)
1900 Park Fare breakfast
Chef Mickey's breakfast
Akershus breakfast
The Wave breakfast (check out day)

Cinderellas Royal Table dinner
Brown Derby dinner
1900 Park Fare dinner
Ohana's dinner
California Grill dinner
Flying Fish dinner
Narcoossees dinner
Hoop Dee Do Musical Revue dinner
Le Cellier dinner

I'd add Liberty Tree for lunch

I agree that 3 TS is a lot of time lost.

I would consider Whispering Canyon Cafe for your group. It was one of our favorite meals on our last trip.

Thank you for your replies.

We are staying for 10 nights and only have 2 or 3 days (out of the 10) with 3 bookings on the one day.

The restaurants listed are just the ones I currently have bookings at. Most days there is only an early character meal with a late lunch or early dinner.

Thank you for the whispering canyon and Liberty tree recommendations. These have been ones I've considered.

I think I may include a few more Signatures and eliminate some doubles.

If there are any other restaurant recommendations I would be happy to hear them! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter