DXDDP for one room out of 3

LynetteB

Mouseketeer
Hi, we are a party of six adults staying in 3 rooms (2 per room). I'm wondering if this is doable - can I add the DXDDP to just one room and use it for everyone? That will give 6 TS meals a day which is perfect - working out at $35.56 per meal. I don't usually bother with the dining plan but this for once seems to make economical sense! Im toying with adding the QS plan to the other rooms for breakfast and lunch but need to do the homework on whether thats worth it.
I guess I'm just wondering if my plan is ok to do and if anyone has done this successfully?
Thanks

Yes, now you are able to do what you want. They use to look at your KTTW card and see that only 2 adults had the DxDP and wouldn't allow sharing. Now apparently you can share credits.

We do this all the time. Someone with the deluxe plan has to be physically present at the meal to redeem the credits, but they can be used for any number of people, including or excluding the person on the dining plan.

Valid example: Parents and child in a room with deluxe dining plan. Grandparents in a room with no dining plan. Grandparents and child eat at California Grill, and use the child's magic band to redeem four deluxe credits for the grandparents' meals, then pay for the child's meal out of pocket.

That's perfect. Thank you so much. Just need to figure out if it's worth doing QS for the other two rooms or better to just pay oop

I wouldn't get the QSDP. You might break even, as opposed to saving $$$ sharing the DxDP.

I agree having done the maths. I'll stick with the dxddp and pay as we go for anything else. Thanks again for your help xx

Can you also share quick service meals? We have 2 rooms with free QS dining with 4 people in one room and 2 people in the other room. Thinking of upgrading the 4 person room to deluxe. But the 2 person room will still have several fee QS meals that we don't want to waste as we are there 8 nights and 9 full days. We are in value resort so room only doesn't save much.

Can you also share quick service meals? We have 2 rooms with free QS dining with 4 people in one room and 2 people in the other room. Thinking of upgrading the 4 person room to deluxe. But the 2 person room will still have several fee QS meals that we don't want to waste as we are there 8 nights and 9 full days. We are in value resort so room only doesn't save much.

Yes you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter