Dwarves mine train?

We just got back and it looks like they've made quite a bit of progress! I would be very surprised if it's a whole year until they open this. I'd say 9 months tops! It looks pretty impressive!

We did Dine with an Imagineer with the project manager for New Fantasyland and he said the mine coaster would be done in early 2014. So far, the project hasn't run into any delays.

Planning an early May 2014 trip so here's hoping it's done by then. Hopefully it lives up to the hype, but I doubt it.

We just got back and it looks like they've made quite a bit of progress! I would be very surprised if it's a whole year until they open this. I'd say 9 months tops! It looks pretty impressive!

I would disagree with this. The side facing Mermaid is coming along good, probably because they want to get the shops back there open as soon as possible, but the other side has a long way to go. The whole things is going to be covered in rock-work when it's done and that kind of detail takes a lot of time. The rock work on Be Our Guest took well over a year to complete.

It's sad that such an immaterial ride would create such a 'big deal' to so many fans (with blinders). If you want great, go to Uni and ride Spidey and HP ... Both are better than anything Disney has produced since ToT.

Stop giving them a free pass people. Put their feet to the fire and start evaluating what they've done for you lately.:scared1:Geez.

I am REALLY hoping its open by the first of March 2014. Snow White is my daughter's absolute favorite princess and so she loves the dwarves almost as much. This is the ride she keeps asking about!

It's sad that such an immaterial ride would create such a 'big deal' to so many fans (with blinders). If you want great, go to Uni and ride Spidey and HP ... Both are better than anything Disney has produced since ToT.

Stop giving them a free pass people. Put their feet to the fire and start evaluating what they've done for you lately.:scared1:Geez.

Interesting that this can be concluded before the ride is even built and a single person has ridden it. For me, I can't make judgement until something exists. If it isn't up to quality then well there will be time enough then for the criticisms. Until then I'd wait until there is actually a tangible, real ride in operation rather than prejudging now.

Interesting that this can be concluded before the ride is even built and a single person has ridden it. For me, I can't make judgement until something exists. If it isn't up to quality then well there will be time enough then for the criticisms. Until then I'd wait until there is actually a tangible, real ride in operation rather than prejudging now.

Seriously? I (and many) have followed the construction, have seen the design and art that have been released, etc. It's in FAntasyland. It's being built by current Disney. So it's fairly easy to see what it will be, IMO.

The sooner they finish this one the better - I went to explore the new fantasyland last month, and the illusion of an enchanted Forrest is kind of killed by the giant steel mountain smack dab I'm the middle

Seriously? I (and many) have followed the construction, have seen the design and art that have been released, etc. It's in FAntasyland. It's being built by current Disney. So it's fairly easy to see what it will be, IMO.
~Hey boss! I think you might be wrong about this one! Keyword: might! This is supposed to be a dark ride and coaster, it could be the next ToT! But, why is this taking so long??? NASA can build a space shuttle, do the launch to Mars and come back faster than this darn coaster!

I really hope it opens in Feb or January. Since we will be there for a whole week in Feb 2014 for our wedding. Im super excited about this new ride. I cant wait for october to try the new Be our guest restaurant too :D.

I think that theming plays a big part here if you are not looking for a thrill ride. Many people love the seven dwarfs. I just hope its better the Ariel one. And is more like space mountain than barnstormer.

I guess you didn't like Everest? :confused3

"Immaterial" I think is I think pushing it a bit. This is probably the biggest addition to MK since Splash. Not to mention it involves probably one of the most important characters and movies in Disney's history.

You simply don't get something that awesome by rushing through construction and skipping steps. If you want straight up thrill, you can go to any amusement park including Uni and get it. If you want a complete ride experience with a compelling story, then Disney is the way to go. IMO at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter