DVD Connections in Resort Rooms

Shanti

Momketeer
We're going to stay in a standard Polynesian Village resort room this August. I know the room won't have a DVD player, but has anyone ever brought their own player & connecting cables to attach it to the hotel TV?

I'd like for us to be able to relax in the resort room at times during this trip, and access to in-room movies of our choice would help tremendously.

has anyone ever brought their own player & connecting cables to attach it to the hotel TV?

Have you thought about getting Roku? It is much smaller than traveling with a DVD player and cables. It is under $100 - check it out on Amazon. You can take it anywhere. You can access Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, YouTube, etc. No need to bring along DVDs. We always bring our Roku if we're going to be in a hotel for more than just a night or two.

I will caveat that this was a CL room at Poly, but my room last week had a DVD player in it. I didn't 'think' a DVD player is a CL only amenity, but I'm not positive about that and definitely could be wrong. Here's a pic!

IMG_8926.JPG

I can't speak about the Poly specifically but the TV I had at Coronado had an HDMI input which is what I used to attach my laptop to stream a movie. I wouldn't bring a DVD player specifically but always have either one of my laptops or a Surface Pro with me that I could attach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter