DVC Tour WDW

LMO429

DIS Veteran
Hi Please forgive me if this information is already posted in a sticky. I tried to go through them but can not find the information I am looking for.

A couple of quick ?'s

How do you arrange a tour at wdw for DVC? I am looking to purchase at the grand floridian when it becomes available. We will be in wdw in oct so plan on doing the tour to gather more information.

Is it better to go to saratoga springs for the tour or the boardwalk?

how long does the tour take in total along with getting all the information?

Thanks again for the info and if there is a sticky with this information please provide the link i would appreciate it.

I would go to SSR. This will allow you to see demos of the rooms. For us the entire time we were there was 1 1/2 hours

Go to the preview center at SSR. Stop by any DVC kiosk and they will arrange to pick you up and take you back. By Oct I would think that the VGF rooms would be open to view.

Also stop by the Boardwalk model, just to see the villa. The guys there won't be able to give you the same information, they will just send you to SSR.

You should tour the model but my recommendation is that you don't commit until the resort is completed and you have stayed there. Looking at a model room is different than staying in an actual room. You need to feel the furnishings, explore the resort and check out the room views.

We own at 5 resorts and bought BLT before it was completed. It has turned out to be our least favorite.

:earsboy: Bill

Another option is to visit the resort that you would like to own and ask for a tour of any vacant rooms. We did this during a rainy day and were allowed in all of the resorts and rooms we requested (this was October 2011).

Stephen

Thank you everyone for the info.

When is the Grand Floridian DVC projected to be completed by?

We're potential VGF buyers as well. The only schedule that I've heard about is "late 2013."

We talked to DVC last week and they have no information yet about when sales will start or price point, however if you call them they've got a list going for callbacks to get information as soon as it's on sale.

You can arrange for the tour at any DVC kiosk (we arranged for ours at the Animal Kingdom park while our little guy was asleep in his stroller) and they will arrange to pick you up where you are staying and will drop you off back at your resort or at a park. The total tour took 1.5 - 2 hrs tops.

We did both SSR and Boardwalk.. Saratoga is where they take you for the "official" tour. You can see the layout for Hawaii and AKV plus you get free ice cream and Fastpasses! Boardwalk has a model suite to amble through but SSR is where they'll do the sales pitch. I would do SSR for the Fastpasses and to see two model suites rather than just one at Boardwalk.

When we were there a month ago, they didn't have prices set for the Grand Floridian yet but our guide speculated that it would be similar to BLT as it too is on the monorail. I believe the prices were $165 per point for BLT at that time?

We did get a pretty heavy sales pitch while we were there. Our guide left a voicemail on our resort phone saying that we could only get the 2012 points included IF we purchased while at Disney and that she could arrange for transportation back to the sales office prior to our Saturday morning flight home. Also that if we were considering it, we should really buy while at Disney. What we ended up doing was coming back home, looking at our long term vacation plans, figuring out how much we wanted to spend and spent a lot of time researching the disboards and other sites getting all of our information instead of making a rash long term financial decision.

Thank you everyone for the info.

When is the Grand Floridian DVC projected to be completed by?

No word yet, the plans were just filed with the County which is a required step before sales can begin.

DVD loves to sell as soon as they can even prior to the resort being finished. As I posted we will never buy a resort based on pre-opening info again in fact DVD will issue a disclaimer that everything is subject to change.

We bought BLT assuming that the Theme Park view would be better than what it is. We thought that we would see more than a parking lot, the top of space mountain and the castle off in the distance. Many love the fireworks view from the room but after watching them several times the excitement tends to wear off.

No word yet, the plans were just filed with the County which is a required step before sales can begin.

DVD loves to sell as soon as they can even prior to the resort being finished. As I posted we will never buy a resort based on pre-opening info again in fact DVD will issue a disclaimer that everything is subject to change.

We bought BLT assuming that the Theme Park view would be better than what it is. We thought that we would see more than a parking lot, the top of space mountain and the castle off in the distance. Many love the fireworks view from the room but after watching them several times the excitement tends to wear off.

Looks like you owns several DVC. Which are your top 3 favorites for you & kids (if applicable)? We have not done the tour but have stayed at a few of the resorts. More so curious between AK, BCV, & BWV. Thanks!

Looks like you owns several DVC. Which are your top 3 favorites for you & kids (if applicable)? We have not done the tour but have stayed at a few of the resorts. More so curious between AK, BCV, & BWV. Thanks!

We are older so for us kids aren't a consideration.

With kids I would choose VWL then BLT for MK resorts.

BCV, then BWV for Epcot and DHS resorts.

AKV if they really love animals but animals aren't guaranteed and you can't walk to a park.

We are older so for us kids aren't a consideration.

With kids I would choose VWL then BLT for MK resorts.

BCV, then BWV for Epcot and DHS resorts.

AKV if they really love animals but animals aren't guaranteed and you can't walk to a park.

Thanks for the info. We have not been to AK yet & consistently hear great things!

Thanks for the info. We have not been to AK yet & consistently hear great things!

You need to try all of the resorts and judge for yourself. AKV is a bit remote and once you get used to the animals and get board, there isn't much to do compared to BCV, BWV, VWL, and BLT.

OKW and SSR are also stand alone resorts not walkable to a park but SSR does have DTD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter