DVC Tour and Current Promotion

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
We have 30 days to go! We arrive pretty early on our first day and have ALL day at the resort - a promise to my husband. I'm thinking of doing the DVC tour. How do I found out the most recent "promotion" for attending and can I go on my own while my husband stays at the resort with the kids? I already have a dedicated rep that I've been speaking to over the past year, but I have yet to see all the models.

Hmm, I checked the DVC link on the disney site and I don't see any deals as of now. When we went in August, the preview tour offered some additional free FP+ I don't recall if it was one, two or three but the special was listed on the site https://disneyvacationclub.disney.go.com/preview-centers/

If you have a rep, I would call them and see what's available. I am sure they get that question alot.

In August $100 gift card and 3 FPs that had certain restrictions- like no FOP and Navi

It was worth it to us

I don't know if we all had to go. But we went in August as well and brought our 3 kids who were kept busy the whole time with snacks and tablets loaded with Disney games. They gave all 3 kids their own to use. We did our tour at VWL and toured a 2 bedroom unit.

I've done other time share pitches in FL, and I think I remember it being a requirement that both spouses attend if you are married.

The will likely require that your husband join you for the tour. They will keep the kids busy as mentioned above. I'd call DVC and book the tour 2 weeks before you go so that you get a good time for you and your family. If you are staying at a property that has DVC they may allow you to tour there. They will try to book you at Saratoga Springs for the tour, but if somewhere else makes better sense for you I'd ask. We are doing the tour on Wednesday at the Poly as we are staying there (rented points) and they are still offering contracts at the Poly DVC. We are anticipating the 3 FP+'s (probable restrictions: Pandora rides, 7DMT, PP). We received two $40 gift cards for doing a "phone tour" a couple of months ago. Another thread shows that several people doing the phone tour got two card instead of one. Pixie dust bonus.

Mike

The will likely require that your husband join you for the tour. They will keep the kids busy as mentioned above. I'd call DVC and book the tour 2 weeks before you go so that you get a good time for you and your family. If you are staying at a property that has DVC they may allow you to tour there. They will try to book you at Saratoga Springs for the tour, but if somewhere else makes better sense for you I'd ask. We are doing the tour on Wednesday at the Poly as we are staying there (rented points) and they are still offering contracts at the Poly DVC. We are anticipating the 3 FP+'s (probable restrictions: Pandora rides, 7DMT, PP). We received two $40 gift cards for doing a "phone tour" a couple of months ago. Another thread shows that several people doing the phone tour got two card instead of one. Pixie dust bonus.

Mike

thanks so much...this was exactly what i was going to ask. i was curious if we could tour at the resort we are staying at - AKL. then, i'd def do it.

thanks so much...this was exactly what i was going to ask. i was curious if we could tour at the resort we are staying at - AKL. then, i'd def do it.

They don't have a preview villa at AKV - you'd almost certainly go to SSR for the tour. They are selling poly and CCV, so the preview villas would most likely represent those resorts.

Did your whole family have to go?

It was just my 20 year old son and I who were on the trip. We both went and each got a $100 gift card and 3 FPs. So in the end we got 6 FPs and $200 in gift cards.

Prior to the trip I did the phone presentation about 5 months prior and got 3 FPs. When we went to kiosk in MK our first day to get those FPs assigned to our MB the DVC CM told us we could do the presentation again since it had been over 90 days since I did phone one. He is one who also said my son could do.

So in end 9 FPs total and $200.

Thanks. I'm so interested in DVC but have so many questions. We have a ton of mailings, I've talked to my rep 3 times, but haven't done the tour b/c I don't want to take up any time on vacation. But I would def for FPs. We'll see. Thanks everyone!

Thanks. I'm so interested in DVC but have so many questions. We have a ton of mailings, I've talked to my rep 3 times, but haven't done the tour b/c I don't want to take up any time on vacation. But I would def for FPs. We'll see. Thanks everyone!

hang out on the DVC forums on the DISboards - take note of what owners like and don't like (and consider whether their preferences affect you) - do some searches to learn more about terms and issues that catch your attention - then ask questions to clarify anything that still confuses you.

you will get better answers here from people who have no vested interest in whether you buy or not (as opposed to a "guide"/salesperson who only gets paid if you buy and purchase direct from Disney - most are honest but too many people come back from the tours after having been confused - or more rarely, misled - by the salespeople, and need posters on the DIS to explain how DVC really works).

in the age of HD video and high bandwidth internet connections, it's easy to do virtual tours of any DVC resort without having to take time out from your vacation:

Prior to the trip I did the phone presentation about 5 months prior and got 3 FPs.

How do you arrange a phone presentation? Last January I called in advance of our Orlando trip and asked for information on DVC. I asked if I could arrange a tour when we were in town. The rep said no, but they could send a DVD to watch and to call them if I had questions. I did receive the DVD but no one followed up with me and I didn't call them back. I just wasn't that interested if they didn't have any more interest in possibly making a sale. Really strange. I thought if I was the one reaching out to them they would for sure want to help me out (and perhaps make a sale! We are not likely interested in buying but they wouldn't know that by my phone call).

Going back again in January...not staying onsite but would like a DVC tour in case we might someday want to rent points and stay at a DVC property. Plus we are willing to give up time for some FP and possibly gift cards. Any suggestions of how I can get them to be more responsive?

hang out on the DVC forums on the DISboards - take note of what owners like and don't like (and consider whether their preferences affect you) - do some searches to learn more about terms and issues that catch your attention - then ask questions to clarify anything that still confuses you.

you will get better answers here from people who have no vested interest in whether you buy or not (as opposed to a "guide"/salesperson who only gets paid if you buy and purchase direct from Disney - most are honest but too many people come back from the tours after having been confused - or more rarely, misled - by the salespeople, and need posters on the DIS to explain how DVC really works).

in the age of HD video and high bandwidth internet connections, it's easy to do virtual tours of any DVC resort without having to take time out from your vacation:

Truly appreciate this. Thanks!!!

I was wondering about this too - thanks for the thread. If I found go and my bf stay at the hotel (and still get him FPs), that would be ideal.

It was just my 20 year old son and I who were on the trip. We both went and each got a $100 gift card and 3 FPs. So in the end we got 6 FPs and $200 in gift cards.

Prior to the trip I did the phone presentation about 5 months prior and got 3 FPs. When we went to kiosk in MK our first day to get those FPs assigned to our MB the DVC CM told us we could do the presentation again since it had been over 90 days since I did phone one. He is one who also said my son could do.

So in end 9 FPs total and $200.

When was this? I inquired about a phone tour and FP incentives and was told you had to do the in person tour to receive any FP.

I was wondering about this too - thanks for the thread. If I found go and my bf stay at the hotel (and still get him FPs), that would be ideal.

When was this? I inquired about a phone tour and FP incentives and was told you had to do the in person tour to receive any FP.

I did the phone one in mid-April. I received a call after I saw a thing on MDE. It popped up and I filled something out and they called. I spoke to rep, watched video link he sent, talked to him again and was then told how to receive FPs by going to DVC kiosk at any park. The phone one was no more than one hour combined.

When we went to kiosk in MK by Space Mountain to get FPs linked to MB that is when CM said we could do in person one since it had been over 90 days. He asked my son how old he was, what he did and said he could do presentation also. My son is 20. They picked us up backstage at Epcot, drove us to Polynesian, gave us tour information and drinks. We then received gift cards and FPs were linked. Then they took us back to Hollywood Studios. That took 90 minutes- we did mid-day on our second park day in August.

We thought we only got 3 between us for the on-site presentation which was fine. We had an issue with them linking so we went to Guest services in Epcot on our last day. There we were told there were 3 more that weren’t linked correctly from my son so we did each receive 3 for our party.

So my experience was for 2.5 hours we got 9 FPs and $200– the FPs had some restrictions like FOP and Navi and a few others. So we had those plus our daily ones to use. We also had a CM at EMM walk up and give us two paper FPs to use on rides in MK for a group up to 6. We rode Splash and BTMRR with those with two different families.

Is this the norm on DVC FPs?? Idk but it was our experience in August.

Last edited:
I did the phone one in mid-April. I received a call after I saw a thing on MDE. It popped up and I filled something out and they called. I spoke to rep, watched video link he sent, talked to him again and was then told how to receive FPs by going to DVC kiosk at any park. The phone one was no more than one hour combined.

When we went to kiosk in MK by Space Mountain to get FPs linked to MB that is when CM said we could do in person one since it had been over 90 days. He asked my son how old he was, what he did and said he could do presentation also. My son is 20. They picked us up backstage at Epcot, drove us to Polynesian, gave us tour information and drinks. We then received gift cards and FPs were linked. Then they took us back to Hollywood Studios. That took 90 minutes- we did mid-day on our second park day in August.

We thought we only got 3 between us for the on-site presentation which was fine. We had an issue with them linking so we went to Guest services in Epcot on our last day. There we were told there were 3 more that weren’t linked correctly from my son so we did each receive 3 for our party.

So my experience was for 2.5 hours we got 9 FPs and $200– the FPs had some restrictions like FOP and Navi and a few others. So we had those plus our daily ones to use. We also had a CM at EMM walk up and give us two paper FPs to use on rides in MK for a group up to 6. We rode Splash and BTMRR with those with two different families.

Is this the norm on DVC FPs?? Idk but it was our experience in August.

That's awesome! I'm glad you had a great experience. Thank you for sharing. Where did you see the form on MDE?

I'd like to do the phone tour but don't want to be disqualified from any perks or FP from the onsite tour I hope to do in March.

I just read through the fine print on the DVC website a few days ago, and I believe the way it was worded was that any one who was entitled to make financial decisions in the household must be present for the tour. I took this to mean that if married, a spouse must be present and for those who co-habit, both persons must be present. It didn't specifically say spouse like some timeshare resorts do - probably because Disney is trying to be more inclusive than the average timeshare.

I'm really interested in this. I've been wanting to do the DVC presentation anyway since our habit is now to go at least once a year. I hope i can find a way to work it out for our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter