DVC Ticket Discounts

InstImpres

DIS Veteran
I know there were several threads on a ticket price survey. Anyone heard any more on when there will be a decision?

My dilemia: Going mid August, could renew my AP (back dating 45 days), buy new AP or use old hoppers wait for deal to be announced and buy new AP in Jan.

The Theme Park board also just announced a 2005 increase. Since we are taking a big family trip, I am trying to plan ahead on those tickets now as well

TIA
Sandy

Since it was just an exploratory survey it's pretty difficult to hazard a guess when it would take effect. My guess is that they will do "something" but I couldn't predict when. I doubt anything will happen this year. It took many years from the pool slide survey to DVC announcing that they would add a slide. It will take roughly a year from that announcement to the completion. DVC tends to move slower rather than quicker. ;)

Originally posted by InstImpres
I know there were several threads on a ticket price survey. Anyone heard any more on when there will be a decision?

My dilemia: Going mid August, could renew my AP (back dating 45 days), buy new AP or use old hoppers wait for deal to be announced and buy new AP in Jan.

The Theme Park board also just announced a 2005 increase. Since we are taking a big family trip, I am trying to plan ahead on those tickets now as well

TIA
Sandy

I thought the announcement of a 2005 price increase was for UPH (Length of Stay) tickets only. At least UPH tickets were the only pass mentioned on over on All Ears Net.

2005 UPH Price Increases

That's not to say other tickets won't increase as well. Did the theme park post have any official source to back up the increase on any other tickets or is it just speculation so far?

Actually, I'm kind of surprised at the announcement. I don't recall Disney ever announcing ticket increases so far in advance prior to this.

Best wishes -

Originally posted by CarolMN
Did the theme park post have any official source to back up the increase on any other tickets or is it just speculation so far?

Actually, I'm kind of surprised at the announcement. I don't recall Disney ever announcing ticket increases so far in advance prior to this.

Thanks for the insight. I too was surprised at the early announcement. There are actually 3 threads, one mentions allears the other two don;t mention anything.

I guess I am more concerned with my AP than the family trip. Maybe I should buy now as that usually means they make the change the next day:smooth:

Sandy

I think taking the renewal discount might be a good bet, given that you're so close to your next trip, and that you will definately be going back in the near future. Waiting for DVC and Disney proper to negotiate us a discount at some point in the indefinite future is too uncertain for me. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter