• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*DVC Sold Out* DVC and/or AP will be given sneak peak of Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Guests don't have to be members but 1) they do have to accompany the DVC member who registered and 2) they must have valid admission to Epcot for the day (although they won't need a park reservation)

I tried to cancel and they said I can cancel after 12pm Eastern tomorrow so if people missed out may be worth trying then. I’m sure I’m not the only one that had to plan on the fly with only 10 minute notice of the exact dates
When you went through the cancellation process did it give you a option to modify your reservation? I'd really like to have a later time in the day than I currently have.

On the confirmation email it says that a reservation can be modified or cancelled so just checking if anyone went through the cancel process and if it gave any options. I don't want to click the link in the email and it automatically cancel my current reservation.

They don't automatically add park reservations for the DVC Previews. You check in at the park entrance and after they verify your event registration you and your park will be admitted to the park.
Does anyone know if there will be an option to check-in for DVC Preview (or AP) at the International Gateway entrance?

Last edited:
When you went through the cancellation process did it give you a option to modify your reservation? I'd really like to have a later time in the day than I currently have.

On the confirmation email it says that a reservation can be modified or cancelled so just checking if anyone went through the cancel process and if it gave any options. I don't want to click the link in the email and it automatically cancel my current reservation.
No option to modify only cancel. If you click link it takes you to a page and only option is to cancel. I don’t think they are allowing modifications since it’s sold out.

For those of us that did not select an EP park pass beforehand for our preview date: I know Disney will manually load one, assuming on check in at the park, but I'm guessing that would prevent us from purchasing G+ that day until we have our park reservation loaded/linked.. am I understanding this correctly? Not sure I'll even do it, just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

For those of us that did not select an EP park pass beforehand for our preview date: I know Disney will manually load one, assuming on check in at the park, but I'm guessing that would prevent us from purchasing G+ that day until we have our park reservation loaded/linked.. am I understanding this correctly? Not sure I'll even do it, just want to know what to expect. Thanks!

I don’t know the answer but keep checking. I was able to get Epcot on May 17th last week.

I read that each AP that got in can bring 4 people… I am AP & DVC but I didn’t get a spot. I will be there with my BFF who has never been to Disney in the afternoon of the 10th… does anyone have room for two very nice moms? My friend is staying with me on my points, her first time ever here! I work full time so I just didn’t see the email in time when the AP email came out. Figured I’d ask - I know it’s a long shot! 😓

I am a blue card holder and staying on my direct points .

They just added an Epcot Park Reservation for our preview date. Looks like it's just a normal park pass. We also had one at another park and they are both there.

I read that each AP that got in can bring 4 people… I am AP & DVC but I didn’t get a spot. I will be there with my BFF who has never been to Disney in the afternoon of the 10th… does anyone have room for two very nice moms? My friend is staying with me on my points, her first time ever here! I work full time so I just didn’t see the email in time when the AP email came out. Figured I’d ask - I know it’s a long shot! 😓

I am a blue card holder and staying on my direct points .

AP spots can only be used by other AP holders. DVC ones can bring guests. I don’t think the 10th is a DVC preview day.

I also had the Epcot reservations added today for the AP preview I have booked for the 18th.

Last edited:
the only DVC preview days are the 9th and 18th. All guests registered with APs also had to be AP holders and were registered by name. If your name isn't the same as the registered guest I doubt you can make the substitution.

DVC could sign up to bring a certain number of unnamed guests along with the DVC member who registered, but it didn't work like that for APs

as for the International Gateway you could check-in for Remy previews there.

from what I understand if you had an AP preview WDW would automatically load a park reservation for Epcot onto your account, but that won't be the case for DVC. If you are DVC and want to do stuff that requires a park reservation...you might actually need to get a park reservation. I don't know how it works for park hopping. I don't have a park reservation anywhere on the 18th but supposedly I won't need one to get into Epcot.

Last edited:
Just wanted to put it out there that I may potentially have 2 spots on May 18 at 11 am. My travel party is 4, which is what I registered for but I’m going with my parents who haven’t been back to Disney in over 20 years.

They may or may not opt out of joining us for this. It depends how they do on some of the other rides earlier that week.

If you’re ok with somewhat last minute notice of knowing if I have room for you, feel free to DM me so we can share contact details to coordinate. If you are not planning to be in Epcot that morning already, you’d need to be able to meet me by the international gateway around 10:30 when I check in.

My daughter and I were able to do the DVC preview yesterday. Our reservation was for 2:30. We arrived at IG at 1:45 and there was literally no one in line to check in. We had three extra spots so I just asked a random group of 3 if they wanted to ride. It turned out they were DVC members who were unable to get a reservation. We got in the GOTG line at 2:00 and were kicked out for being too early.

The line itself looked long and went past Connections Cafe, but it went really fast.

We rode yesterday with a 3:30 pm slot. DVC check-in was pretty seamless. We walked all the way to the left turnstiles - very end. There were special event signs. We got checked in by someone with an iPad. We had to show our DVC card in our digital wallet.

There was a very long line for people who didn’t have park reservations. They had to go to a special turnstile where only one person was working to be scanned in.

Because our reservation was after 2 and we’d already been to HS yesterday morning, we were treated like a regular hopper and didn’t have to wait in that long line. Just went through a regular turnstile after being checked in on the iPad.

When we got to the ride at 3:15, they were announcing anyone with a 3:30 window could come on in.

The line outside the ride was crazy long and hot! We waited outside about 30 minutes and then inside the building for another 30 minutes. Ride itself is great - we’re doing it again today on an AP preview.

We were there yesterday for the 3-3:30pm slot. Based on AP friends with previews the DVC line was longer but with being able to bring up to 4 guests that makes sense and it was more limited in days but boy was it hot and uncomfortable standing in that line outside.

Unfortunately the ride malfunctioned halfway through, after a brief pause it resumed but with none of the effects just darkness and us going on the track. It happens. My husband will have 1 more shot to try it out so fingers crossed he gets to experience it.

There is an on ride photo. It linked to my account almost immediately but it did not to the actual DVC member who we were with, that happens, in fact later on yesterday I got a push notification for 2 other people's on ride photo which is still popping up on my account to review.

We had our AP preview today at 2 pm-- no line at all. Walked straight into the preshow areas and then straight onto the ride. In fact, we had an entire train to ourselves! A complete 180 from the hour we waited yesterday (30 minutes baking in the sun) for the DVC preview. But it's an incredible ride -- we were prepared to wait in the sun again today if we had to. We just lucked out with great timing today.

how soon will they let you into the park for GotG preview without park reservations? We have the first ride at 10 and coming in from International Gateway so we need to go all the way across. Planning on entering at 9

We were also stuck in the sun during that 3-3:30 time slot yesterday-but once we made it in, was worth every second. Highly recommend!

Was at the 3pm preview yesterday - some thoughts:

While I’m not sure yet if it “fits” in Epcot, the truth is Epcot is changing and it certainly fits in the new/future version of Epcot. That said, it’s an amazingly fun ride. It’s easily the best ride at Epcot and probably the best roller coaster in WDW and could push FoP and RotR for best ride experience. It will for sure be very very popular.

As far as motion sickness goes, I ended up in row 9 (which I think would be the roughest, along with 10 - but being in the back is great at launch). I definitely felt “off” afterwards, but not anything bad or comparable to mission space (orange); and it didn’t last very long at all. Overall, it’s an amazingly fun unique experience from start to finish and I can’t wait to “Conga” again!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter