DVC / Run Disney Weekends

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am a huge Run Disney fan. Most of our trips right now have been long weekends over Run weekends.

I am looking to buy a small contract at either SSR or AKV to cover 3-4 nights in a one bedroom.

Am I making a mistake thinking I’ll be able to use my my DVC points over these weekends?I am constantly seeing threads about no availability during those weekends. I do plan to buy where I want to stay and will be booking opening day at 11 months out.

I am only buying a small contract and will need to pay cash some time but would hate paying so much for DVC and not even have the option to use it the years I want to do a race.

If you want a 1 bedroom and book 11 months in advance, you will NOT have a problem at either SSR or AKV UNLESS you must have the value or concierge category at AKV.

skier_Pete's thread will be of interest to you:
Predicted DVC booking patterns - Studios, 1-BD & 2-BD charts (September 2019 2-BD added!)

The impact of the closures will follow us for the next few years (more points chasing availability), so some of the 7 month patterns may not hold true for awhile, but I am confident that you will not have 11 month issues with the 1 bedrooms except as noted above. The smaller contracts tend to sell quickly and for higher prices than the larger ones. Good luck with your search and purchase.

Last edited:
i own BWV specifically for run disney food and wine weekend and we don’t have issues getting a studio or 1br, but you gotta be quick to get the standard views. we also do marathon weekend and haven’t had issues with that yet. we have another 160 SSR going through ROFR to supplement our rundisney events.

We have SSR as our home, and January is our favorite time to visit. We started noticing the runners on our second trip, and then got educated on the marathon weekends. SSR is easy pickings, and we've been successful at BWV & AKL at 7 months for January. I actually just signed up for my 1st Disney 5K in January 2021.
I'm tired of being the only one on the bus without a Medal ! :earboy2:
ET:darth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!