DVC Rentals Maximum Stay- Poly

dxbguppy

Earning My Ears
First of all, thank you to this wonderful forum for all the priceless info and tips I've picked up!

I'm looking for a 2 week Poly DVC stay August 2023. Am I stupid to think this will come through? I'm being told the maximum i will get is 7 nights.

If its the case, am I better off putting in a request for just 7 nights and booking another 7 nights directly with Disney? We were considering the club level at Poly for the first 7 nights then moving to a DVC at Poly.

Is this more realistic? Or should we just wait and see?

Since you're renting, the broker is probably telling you that it's unlikely they will find you a single owner who wants to rent that many points at Poly in the 7-11 month period.

I'd suggest you go with plan B, book a week with Disney, and let the broker find you a week. If you get that DVC week quickly at the 11 month mark, you can always ask for another week, and, if you get it, cancel the direct booking.

DVC owners can only book for 7 days at the 11 month window. They then have to add on additional days each day until they have the length they need. If you are going through a rental agency then you may find they are not willing to ask someone to do that. You might have more chance if you are renting privately, such as on these boards. If you prefer to use an agency you could also request the two weeks as two separate bookings.

One other option they have is to wait until they are already a week into the booking period, then book it all in one go, but this can run the risk of rooms already being taken.

Thank you for the quick responses.

Even though I'm a whole year out *disney vibes* somehow make you feel the ultimate panic to get everything sorted like the travel date is next week!

How risky is it to rent privately without a broker?

Our hearts are set on Poly and we would really like to not have to move rooms over 14 nights.

If its not risky, how can I go about *advertising* lol myself to owners?

How risky is it to rent privately without a broker?
There will always be a small risk. With due diligence, you can minimize your risk.
Our hearts are set on Poly and we would really like to not have to move rooms over 14 nights.
The only way to guarantee that you will not be moved would be to book a 14-day stay under one reservation. However, notes can be placed on two 7-night reservations that stipulates that they are a continuing stay and you are hoping not to be moved. His would have to be done by the DVC members who made the reservations.
You can't do it on the disboards but there are Facebook groups where you can. I don't recommend FB but it's an option.

With that in mind, would you risk booking a standard room at Poly for next year with the construction coming up?

Theme park view and lagoon view are out of question because of their location to the construction work according to the touring site.

With that in mind, would you risk booking a standard room at Poly for next year with the construction coming up?

Theme park view and lagoon view are out of question because of their location to the construction work according to the touring site.
If you are asking about Club level and DVC - neither are near the construction

The GF side of Poly will be a construction site. I'd rather be in the DVC buildings, even if I had to move.

I think, if im correct, directly through the hotel standard view rooms are also not near the construction but lagoon and theme park are

I’d suggest keeping an eye on the DVC Rent/Transfer forum for an owner looking to rent enough points to meet your needs:

https://www.disboards.com/forums/dvc-rent-transfer.29/

As to the number of points you might need, check out the PVB points chart on the DVC website under “Plan Vacation”. Don’t believe you need to login to access this information.

Just fyi, 2 weeks at standard view poly will run you 292 points in August 2023. Lake view 348. I'm not sure your flexibility, but September is much, much cheaper, even if you can swing 1 week in September. 2 weeks by comparison would be 208 standard view, 286 lake view.

If you find a poly owner in the thread linked above, you're looking for that many points that can be used specifically during that time frame. DVC owners absolutely can book one 2 week stay, but you need to find someone with enough points to rent you. You need to buy poly points and book at or at least close to the 11 month window and can expect to pay around $20-22/point, and of course, there is some risk. If you do your homework, chances says you can find someone that's relatively low risk. Expect to pay around half at booking, half at check-in.

If you do your homework, chances says you can find someone that's relatively low risk. Expect to pay around half at booking, half at check-in.
I don't think paying the balance upon check in is a reasonable expectation. Owners set their own payment requirements when renting privately but I cannot imagine any would accept final payment on check-in day. At that point, the reservation is no longer under the owner's control and if the renter fails to pay, there is no recourse for the owner. Some owners will offer payments plans but others will want full payment at the time of booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter