DVC purchase through Disney vs resale purchase

Robbi

DIS Veteran
I searched and could not find a thread.
We have 300 pts at the Boardwalk Villas that we bought direct from Disney in 2005. I am considering purchasing more points. The pts. are much more expensive through Disney. What are the perks buying through them vs going through a resale company? Thank-you.

The main thing you lose with buying resale is the ability to reserve and use your points at non-DVC locations ie no cruises, adventures by Disney, Disney collection hotels, etc. These are commonly thought to be less bang for your buck anyway. So you have to consider if you use your points in that manner or not.

As a general caveat though, Disney can continue to place restrictions on points acquired through resale or even if purchasing direct.

Anyone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

You'd be saving a lot of money purchasing resale, but have to contend with ROFR.

I searched and could not find a thread.
We have 300 pts at the Boardwalk Villas that we bought direct from Disney in 2005. I am considering purchasing more points. The pts. are much more expensive through Disney. What are the perks buying through them vs going through a resale company? Thank-you.
You lose nothing of value IMO. You'll always have the same rights as everyone else in the club (qualified or not) for your home resorts and any club resorts. It's likely you'll have RCI or other exchange options as well. You lose the ability to do cash exchanges like DCL, DC, CC and I'll predict you'll eventually lose BVTC. I'll also predict you'll lose the ability to combine contracts going forward but that shouldn't affect you for an upcoming purchase.

Thanks so much, I appreciate the information. Next add on will be through a resale company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter