DVC points

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamf58

Earning My Ears
Hello, I am new to disboards. How would I go about finding DVC points for rent?
(moderator removed date information)

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Just be aware of the tradeoffs:

1) DVC owners often book at 11 months out, so availability can be extremely limited on the highest demand options inside the 11 month window and often a bit limited inside the 7 month window for anything but SSR studios.

2) DVC reservations are usually a "no refunds" policy (as owners may not be able to use the points if you cancel) - so be sure you are 100% on your dates and plans, and strongly consider travel insurance.

3) I also should add that DVC studios (other than OKW studios - which have 2 queen beds) only have 1 queen bed and 1 pullout sofabed. If your kids are little, they might not care, but it's different than the hotel rooms.

Last edited:
It's worth doing as long as you do your homework and understand all the terms and conditions. Luckily, places like DVC Rental make it easy with an availability link, a good FAQ section and their policy is a bit more flexible than other companies.

Some other minor things to keep in mind...

* Housekeeping is different if you are staying under DVC points (we only get housekeeping every 4 (change towels) and full clean 8 days). This is a little weird right now with changes due to COVID, so it's all a mishmash at the moment.
* If you get a 1BR, you get a washer / dryer, and a full kitchen.

There are some other minor differences. Plenty of info online. I don't have any points for rent, but feel free to ask about DVC if you want to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!