DVC Points Trade to Hawaii?

kjkelley

DVC On the Florida Gulf Coast, Please?
Hi there, I am not even sure where is the best location to start my post? I am very new to try and trade points to a location on either Maui and/or Kauai for say 1 week in a 1 bedroom.

Does anyone have some suggestions on a couple of resorts that would allow the most desirable return for a trade with DVC points on Maui and/or Kauai? Thanks in advance!

I would post this question on the DVC boards. You will probably get more answers from those folks.

I don't know how the process works logistically, but from everything I have read, it seems as if its a poor value to trade your DVC points through the exchange to stay elsewhere. You may be better off renting out your points to an Aulani or WDW visitor and then taking that money to pay for your resort on Maui/Kauai. I agree with PP, try posting on the DVC forums and they should be able to give you some opinions.

If I were doing it again , I would not use DVC points to trade but rent them out and with the money you get, look at renting a condo thru VRBO. I love the Hanalei Bay Resort but make sure you go thru VRBO and not the resort itself . Kauaii was beautiful and our unit was fantastic .

Would agree with PP about renting out your DVC points instead. We own Wyndham and have traded for Hawaii before through RCI. In general, I think the resorts that are more similar to DVC standards are Marriott, Hyatt, Westin, and HGVC (Hilton). Problem is only HGVC trades through RCI and they only have resorts on Oahu and the Big Island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter