DVC perks, when not staying on property.

sachilles

DVC coming to this space soon
Long story short. Work puts me near Orlando in a couple of weeks. Basically, I have a full day(4/24) to hit the parks, and evening of the 23rd, and morning of the 25th.
Wife is going to fly in to join me.
Doing this on the cheap. Using marriott points for spinghill suites near Disney springs(a good neighbor hotel).
We both have platinum annual passes. We are new DVC owners with Blue card.

I'll have a rental car, which I never have. I hope to just park it at the hotel, and let other disney transport/lyft do the work.

Will our DVC blue card and a good neighbor hotel res get us to the top of the world lounge at bay lake? If I want to park at the parks, our AP allows us to skip the parking fee right? We can get in the epcot lounge right?
Any perks we lose by not having a DVC reservation?

This all just sort of fell together....the funny thing is our closing date is suppose to be 4/23 for our DVC purchase.

The Top of the World is doubtful. Technically they should not let you in (I'm pretty sure - the good neighbor piece is fuzzy though), but they may if you just show them your card.
The other perks are a yes as far as I know. The AP free parking for sure, and the lounge should be easy to do as well.

1. TOTWL: I don't think that a good neighbor hotel reservation, even for a blue card member, allows you to go up to TOTWL.
2. Parking at the parks: AP accomplishes that with no parking fee
3. Epcot Lounge: Blue card accomplishes that

Just for clarification, does the DVC membership only get you free park parking if you stay onsite? For some reason I thought it was all the time.

Just for clarification, does the DVC membership only get you free park parking if you stay onsite? For some reason I thought it was all the time.
DVC doesn't get you free parking at the parks, only at the resort during your stay.

And anyone currently staying on property gets free parking at the parks, regardless of DVC membership or lack thereof

Your platinum pass gets you free parking at the parks. But not resorts.
We were successful getting into the DVC lounge at Epcot while staying at the Wyndham near Disney Springs. We did not try TOTWL. Chances are good they would let you in, unless you go right before fireworks. But you have to be prepared for the walk of shame if they say no, so I would not bring a guest.

We were successful getting into the DVC lounge at Epcot while staying at the Wyndham near Disney Springs. We did not try TOTWL. Chances are good they would let you in, unless you go right before fireworks. But you have to be prepared for the walk of shame if they say no, so I would not bring a guest.
The EPCOT lounge doesn't require a resort stay, TOWL does:
Available to Eligible Members
Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with Vacation Points or cash) may enjoy access to this exclusive space just outside Magic Kingdom park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter