DVC Member Exclusive: Disney Wish Sailing 14 June 2022

No, Im asking why its enticing for you to buy points direct specifically for this cruise. I understand the ins and outs of the program.

LOL. Misunderstood what you were asking! Because I like the flexibility it will offer me in terms of using them for both WDW stays, and the occasional cruise. Obviously, the biggest reason for direct is to own more RIV because having restricted points is not for me, but it will also be nice to have more for those times when we might want to cruise.

Once the money is spent to buy direct, any cruise would take the place of a trip to WDW, so for us, it makes sense to just use what we have vs. renting and paying cash. In the long run, the difference is not enough to outweigh it, especially since we have no current plan to cruise every single year, especially with Disney.

We see it as the best of both worlds! Now if we ever decided that we wanted to cruise Disney a lot, then being cash paying guests would make more sense. But, not for the current plan. And lets be honest, we can never have too many points at WDW!

Has anyone gotten the DCL reservation number? We have not.

Not yet. Tomorrow marks four weeks since booking day and they mentioned it could be 4-6 weeks...hopefully not too much longer. I want to add someone to my stateroom and can't do it until everything has been transferred over.

Am asking again if anyone has gotten anything from DCL regarding this?

Who has booked a pre cruise stay? DH and I are on Maiden Voyage I got AKV CL for the night before that one, then I double dip!

Am asking again if anyone has gotten anything from DCL regarding this?

Who has booked a pre cruise stay? DH and I are on Maiden Voyage I got AKV CL for the night before that one, then I double dip!
Nothing yet here from DCL either. It’s also not In the Navigator app, but neither is the 2022 Alaska MC.

I’m booked at Boardwalk for a couple of days prior, to check out Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Lucky you on the double-dip!

Nothing yet here from DCL either. It’s also not In the Navigator app, but neither is the 2022 Alaska MC.

I’m booked at Boardwalk for a couple of days prior, to check out Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Lucky you on the double-dip!
OK, Patricia and Nancy are at Jambo for a few days before!

Thanks for mentioning!

I called DVC MS for something else today and asked about the DVC-Wish Sailing---still nothing. She said it could take a while :oops:

I'm booked at Copper Creek for a few nights before sailing. Right afterwards, I head to Budapest for ABD Danube River Cruise. June 2022 is gonna be awesome!

I was just thinking about asking the same question if anyone has heard anything from DVC or DCL with a confirmation number we can use to see our reservation on the DCL website. I haven’t heard anything either. We are in soFla so we are just planning on driving up that morning to get on the ship. I doubt we hear anything in July with the MS shutdown.

Thanks for the reminder that we are close to the 11 month booking window! I need to conserve days off due to a RC Greece cruise later in June, so I think we are only going to be at WDW after, probably at Jambo.

Been looking around and have been surprised that not many people are questioning why we haven't gotten any info yet. I swear my DH askes me every day if I've heard anything yet.

Been looking around and have been surprised that not many people are questioning why we haven't gotten any info yet. I swear my DH askes me every day if I've heard anything yet.
I’ve been through this a few times, and acknowledgement is getting more sketchy, so I am resigned.

In 2005, for our first DVC MC, we even got updates throughout the year about things they were planning for us. Now we wait months for our reservation to show up on our DCL account.

Has anyone gotten the DCL reservation number for this cruise yet??

No, and it's driving me crazy. I recently joined a FB group for the cruise and someone posted 3 weeks ago that they were told by DVC the information had been sent to DCL.

DCL has had a TOUGH summer and now fall.
How this works, when you booked the member cruise , DVC books your stateroom, THEN DCL books ship in their system
Since DVC "owns' the ship there is no worry others booking sailing

2 thoughts: A cruise in 2022 is a lifetime away for them since 2021 is a nightmare.
Should they go to all the trouble booking the ship when their staffing is overwhelmed

Nothing here yet either. I still see it under my Dashboard on DVC site, so am not too worried yet. I also don’t yet see the 2022 Alaska MC, which has been booked longer than this Wish sailing, I figured if DCL is still a bit understaffed, these sailings may not yet ne a priority to get processed with all of the cancellations & etc they are continuing to have to process. Hoping to see them soon, though.

Ok…thank you all for responding. I am not the member who used points, so I am not the member who will be getting the notification.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!