DVC Member Exclusive: Disney Wish Sailing 14 June 2022

islandsnoopy

DIS Veteran
Received email about DVC Member Disney Wish cruise. At least one guest must use DVC points though.

Be among the first to set sail on the newest ship in the Disney Cruise Line fleet—the Disney Wish! The second voyage of the ship’s inaugural season will take Disney Vacation Club Members and their Guests on an exclusive cruise to Disney’s private island paradise, Castaway Cay.

Enter a world where wishes come true. Where princesses meet pirates, where heroes meet destiny, where excitement meets relaxation and the most fantastical, magical things can happen. Disney Wish brings to life the spectacular worlds and beloved Characters from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars™ and Pixar like never before, all with the service and care that you expect from a Disney vacation.

Your 3-night adventure includes a day at sea and full day at Castaway Cay, where you’ll delight in clear turquoise waters, beautiful beaches, picturesque palm trees and world-class recreation.

This cruise sets sail June 14, 2022.

Point Charts for this sailing are not currently available and will be released on May 13, 2021.

Cash Pricing for this sailing is not currently available and will be released on May 17, 2021.

Not having the option to pay all cash knocks us out. We don’t know the points cost per person, but I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t want to spend that many, even for just one of us, on a cruise. The cash price will be high enough to be discouraging, I’m sure, and historically the $ value Disney gives per point is pretty pitiful.

It also says that to book in the 17th of May you need to have platinum castaway status with at least 25 sailings. I’m sure it will open up for lower tiers but that’s a hefty requirement to start booking. I guess they are anticipating huge demand.

From the DVC website:

Member Services will be available from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST, and will only be booking reservations for this cruise and for Disney Wish sailings for Platinum Castaway Club Members with 25 or more sailings.

Not having the option to pay all cash knocks us out. We don’t know the points cost per person, but I’m pretty sure we wouldn’t want to spend that many, even for just one of us, on a cruise. The cash price will be high enough to be discouraging, I’m sure, and historically the $ value Disney gives per point is pretty pitiful.
Same! Not going to use points for a cruise. We'll wait til 2023.

Same! Not going to use points for a cruise. We'll wait til 2023.
I suspect they’ll require payment in points for at least one passenger for Member cruises going forward. For the regular cruises we should still be able to rent our points and pay cash!

It also says that to book in the 17th of May you need to have platinum castaway status with at least 25 sailings. I’m sure it will open up for lower tiers but that’s a hefty requirement to start booking. I guess they are anticipating huge demand.

From the DVC website:

Member Services will be available from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM EST, and will only be booking reservations for this cruise and for Disney Wish sailings for Platinum Castaway Club Members with 25 or more sailings.

I think it means any DVC blue card member can book the member cruise on May 17th and if you happen to be Platinum Castaway club member plus DVC you can book for other Summer 2022 dates on that same date. Can someone clarify or confirm my assumption?

I'm just waiting for the point chart to see if I can even afford to pay with points since that is a booking requirement.

I think it means any DVC blue card member can book the member cruise on May 17th and if you happen to be Platinum Castaway club member plus DVC you can book for other Summer 2022 dates on that same date. Can someone clarify or confirm my assumption?

I'm just waiting for the point chart to see if I can even afford to pay with points since that is a booking requirement.

There are a few of us with blue cards without the ability to book cruises on points - resales post 2011 but before the blue card restrictions. It's a bummer, based on that requirement we wouldn't be able to book. (Unless I'm missing something, we didn't get the email)

Welp, that knocks us out too. I briefly dreamed this afternoon about moving our early 2022 cruise to this one, but no way am I using points for it.

This is on the DCL website under the Castaway club. So it’s for all available sailings and full priority is given to the platinum frequent cruisers. We are gold castaway members so we can book before DVC members. The DVC special sailing June 14,2021 is the only one that needs you to use your DVC points to book and it has to be done by calling MS. All other cash reservations can go directly through DCL or a travel agent.

Is this just their attempt to get some of the current glut of dvc points out of the system to ease availability?
It won't pull any points out of the system or add availabilty. Those points just get turned over to Disney for them to book as cash rooms to pay for the exchange. The points still get used.

I posted on the DVC Fan page, but will put this here for anyone that may have any further info...

Soooooo...at the end of 2019, I booked a 4-night Spring 2020 Cruise using banked points that were gonna expire. DVC had a promo for 35% off using points and it ended up being a pretty decent value (especially since I refuse to transfer points into RCI). Well, obvi that cruise was cancelled and my points got the 125% FCC. I say all this to set the stage...

Just got off the phone with DVC Member Services...they said this isn't a Member's Cruise, it's a DVC-Chartered Cruise - is there even a difference? lol. They said I can't use DVC reservation points with added FCC points for this sailing, even though they're still points. Kinda weird because at least one person in the stateroom *has* to use full points for this sailing, but they won't allow points from a cancelled cruise because they added 25% to it?!? Sounds wonky. I asked for a reference stating that in writing, which she couldn't provide, but encouraged me to write an email expressing my frustrating with the policy.

I'm super "pro" DVC and forgiving, but I think that's a pretty crappy deal, especially since it's not in the "fine print" online for requirements to book this cruise. I've also scoured the DVC page, contract, and membership agreements for any information negating the usage of FCC for a chartered or Member's Cruise and can't find anything. Does anyone have any info saying it can't be done? It's also possible that the MS Representative was incorrect, being that this *just* came out. Could be that I'm just bummed and don't wanna accept it, too.

On another note, I also asked the MS Rep if any DVC Blue Card Holder (with the cruise bennies) can book on May 17th, or if that's just for Platinum-level Castaway Cay DVC Owners? She said the verbiage is a little confusing, but that May 17th is for DVC Platinum CC peeps booking ANY Wish cruise AND also for any DVC Member (w/ cruise booking bennies) of any CC-level to book the DVC-Chartered Cruise. Clear as mud? :)

Thoughts? Wanted to put this out there in case anyone else was in my same situation and thinking about doing the same.

Today I sent our DU TA our information for her to try to book the Inaugural cruise! This DVC Cruise will be the second cruise on this ship.

We are Platinum, and I have 34 DCL cruises. I am not sureI want to use points for the DCL MC. I have to think long and hard about that.
Nice! I hope you are able to get the booking you want.

Today I sent our DU TA our information for her to try to book the Inaugural cruise! This DVC Cruise will be the second cruise on this ship.

We are Platinum, and I have 34 DCL cruises. I am not sureI want to use points for the DCL MC. I have to think long and hard about that.

Wishing you smooth sailing in the booking process!

I guess I must have missed it in my email about one person has to be booked on points. Dang Dang Cracker Jacks....

We have a paltry 125 points and have rooms booked using 2021 pts and so we are not going to be able to book this cruise. For those who can book --- bon voyage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter