DVC Member check in?

Rpsemont

DIS Veteran
The search seems to not be working so...
Is there a special check in for DVC members, even if you're not using points to pay for the cruise?

and if so, does it mean you could/should arrive at the port a little later?

We were DVC cruisers, but saw no special line. There is one for returning cruisers, which is great.

If you are DVC not using points, they probavly don't know you are DVC (like us), so do go to the DVC reception. You can get a magnet for your door, hats and lanyards. You can also win prizes like a towel or tote bag. If you miss it, stop by the DVC desk on deck 4 midship.

Actually as long as you are a DVC member when you booked the cruise they will know you are sailing and will get an invitation to the party and the magnet on your door. Pretty cool. We stopped by the DVC desk the first night to ask about the member party and the rep told us we'd be getting an invite. I told him we hadn't booked on points but he said they knew who the DVC members were on board. I never gave him my name or room number but sure enough that night we got the invite and the magent on our door.

One member of our group didn't get it but when talking to her she realized that she had booked the cruise before she bought into DVC.

It never hurts to stop by the DVC desk on deck 4 and say hello. They love talking to members!

I've been a member since 2003 and I had to politely ask for my DVC Magnet! :teeth: But that did not stop me from attending the DVC Meeting! It's fun and this time it made up for them forgetting since I won a DVC Bag and A Beach Towel! :love:

It's written in the Navigator when the meeting is!

j

Just curious, but when did they start giving out the door magnets?
We have cruised 3x last time being Aug 05 and we have never received anything.
Thanks - hopefully I'll get one in 9 days time :thumbsup2

They started doing the magnets after the DVC Member Cruise last year where every door had one (which was September of 2005). I don't think they do Member meetings on the 3 day cruises. I think they just started them not too long ago on the sea day on the 4 day cruises. We were on the 7 day cruise when we got our magnets.

and we booked a cruise for September 2007. We are thinking about cancelling that booking and rebooking through MS and using points. However I wasn't sure if we could still do all the online functions (i.e. 75 day reservations) if we went through our DVC vs. directly through Disney?

Anjelica said:
and we booked a cruise for September 2007. We are thinking about cancelling that booking and rebooking through MS and using points. However I wasn't sure if we could still do all the online functions (i.e. 75 day reservations) if we went through our DVC vs. directly through Disney?

Just my opinion, but it might be better to leave your cruise as is. If you cancel your cruise within a certain time frame, you won't get your points back at all. Cash is a different story. Just a thought. And yes, you can still do all the online functions -- if the web site is working, and that's been a big IF for us 11-day cruisers, esp. Palo!

WDWLVR said:
They started doing the magnets after the DVC Member Cruise last year where every door had one (which was September of 2005). I don't think they do Member meetings on the 3 day cruises. I think they just started them not too long ago on the sea day on the 4 day cruises. We were on the 7 day cruise when we got our magnets.

No DVC Member Party for 3 days cruiser!!! Now I feel special... :sad: :sad: :sad:

Oh well, another reason to book a longer cruise. I collect magnets so I'll just have to rebook onboard!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes

DVC Member party? Did I read that right? What are the details? Where on the ship? We joined DVC on our first cruise last Oct. We're doing our second cruise, on points, this coming January (27th, 7 night Western).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter