DVC Gold APs already 'Saving me money'....

DduzDis

DIS Veteran
And so it begins... we just bought the APs today for our Oct trip coming up. Didn't have a plan to, but now it seems only logical that we head back with the kids over Spring Break next year to get more use (in addition to the Fall trip we already have planned for next year). We're doing cash trips for Oct and would also for Spring Break. I see more points soon too. Hahahahaha!!

Last edited:
When I bought my first AP in 1998, our plans were to go October 1998 and then earlier in October 1999. Ended up with 4 trips on that AP! Saw a deal for early December to see the Christmas decorations, why not, have tickets already! My friends wanted to go in March, sure why not! And it has continued ever since....

When I bought my first AP in 1998, our plans were to go October 1998 and then earlier in October 1999. Ended up with 4 trips on that AP! Saw a deal for early December to see the Christmas decorations, why not, have tickets already! My friends wanted to go in March, sure why not! And it has continued ever since....

That is how we went 3x in 2015-2016! If only we had bought DVC back then....

DVC doesn't save you money, it causes you to vacation more often and spend more money! :banana::banana::banana::dancer::banana::banana::banana:

:earsboy: Bill
Yes it does.

We went in November and planned another trip with our AP, in September. But since I have it, I am going back with a friend, again, in September.

Now if only we could get airfare under control.... it hurts to pay full price for a 2 year old. :duck:

A little off topic....but, if we want to look into a cash reservation through DVC is that a call to MS to see what might be available? We are looking at possible next Feb/Mar. How far out should we look?

A little off topic....but, if we want to look into a cash reservation through DVC is that a call to MS to see what might be available? We are looking at possible next Feb/Mar. How far out should we look?

Yes, room DVC discounted cash inventory is different than Disney cash inventory. You need to book through MS.

:earsboy: Bill

The gold pass is a great deal. We did an AP renewal in April. We will probably just use it for our 15 night trip this summer, but that works out to less than $40 per day per person. I can live with that. Maybe well figure out a way to get another 3 or 4 day weekend in before the expiration date, which will "save" us more $$$.

And so it begins... we just bought the APs today for our Oct trip coming up. Didn't have a plan to, but now it seems only logical that we head back with the kids over Spring Break next year to get more use (in addition to the Fall trip we already have planned for next year). We're doing cash trips for Oct and would also for Spring Break. I see more points soon too. Hahahahaha!!
And your dilemma is ....What:confused3---->:teeth:...LoL SOunds awesome 2 me.

We upgraded last Nov. & being how they added the extra month, made it attainable to go the same time this year, as well as a short one in the end of the summer.

Definitely a nice perk...Hope DVC keeps, throwing these little things in.

Just an FYI in case you were not aware. We have gold DVC passes also and spring break is a black out time period. This was for this 2017.

"The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: April 8 – 21, 2017"

Just check your dates and be sure that it's not blocked. Good luck!

Just an FYI in case you were not aware. We have gold DVC passes also and spring break is a black out time period. This was for this 2017.

"The following blockout dates apply to the Disney Gold Pass: April 8 – 21, 2017"

Okay thanks! Our Spring Break is earlier March 17 - 24, 2018.

[QUOTE=

We got the thirteen month gold pass deal and will be going for 28 days total across four trips. Snuck in a spring break trip with my son this year. Best part was they me upgrade my park hopper tickets after using them during blackout dates at Christmas. Kind of a big loop hole that I'm surprised they let happen.

I think we've only had two years out of almost 20 that we didn't get APs. Ah, for the days of $399 Premium APs.

Okay thanks! Our Spring Break is earlier March 17 - 24, 2018.

FYI - the 2018 spring blackout dates are March 24, 2018 ‒ April 6, 2018. You wouldn't be able to use it on March 24.

FYI - the 2018 spring blackout dates are March 24, 2018 ‒ April 6, 2018. You wouldn't be able to use it on March 24.
Yep, Easter is April 1, 2018. so the full week before, including the weekend starting the full week and the week after.

Looks like we'll just make it. The 24th is our Check-out day and typically that means breakfast at 'Ohana before we get on DME back to the airport. Whew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter