DVC financing make sense?

disguy1

Mouseketeer
If I buy from DVC, whats the finance terms?
I was going to put like 1/2 of the purchase price in cash, then finance the rest

I do not know there current rates, but when we looked into possibly financing through Disney they were over 10%. If you can you would be better off with a home equity line if you had to finance. Good luck.

thanks Long island neighbor....i may pay cash or charge on disney CC, may get a few bonus points:yay:

I have some information that shows a rate of 10.75% if you only put 10% down and want to finance for 5-10 years. However, if you put 50% down and only want to finance for 1 year the rate is 4.95%.

Be aware, tho, the 1 yr financing at 4.95 is contingent on direct debit of monthly payments. If you want to pay by statement/coupon/online, the rate is 5.95.

If you can put 1/2 down you can get some other financing. Disney will approve you, but you will pay a lot of interest. I was looking at financing about $12,500 through Disney and after I ran the numbers I realized I would pay just over $26,000 over 10 years. I went ahead and paid cash. Besides buying a DVC, this was one of my better financing moves, since August 2006 we have stayed at WDW DVC's twice and going back again in May of '07.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter