DVC Discount or AP Discount????

NSL

Mouseketeer
We are coming in late on a Friday and I do not have enough points for the extra night. I was wanting to use either a DVC discount or an AP discount for that first night, but have questions on how. Can you use either one of those for a value resort or only specific resorts? Which discount is typically better? How do you book using the discount? Also, after that first night we will be checking into AKV. We want to use Magical Express when we arrive, but didn't know how to book that when arriving at one and checking out after week at another. Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

We are coming in late on a Friday and I do not have enough points for the extra night. I was wanting to use either a DVC discount or an AP discount for that first night, but have questions on how. Can you use either one of those for a value resort or only specific resorts? Which discount is typically better? How do you book using the discount? Also, after that first night we will be checking into AKV. We want to use Magical Express when we arrive, but didn't know how to book that when arriving at one and checking out after week at another. Advice would be much appreciated. Thank you!

A DVC Member cash discount is 25% off rack rate for DVC Resorts. AP discounts may be booked via CRO and will be for whatever is available at various resorts.

If you book the DVC Member discount you can link it to your points ressie so you do not have to change rooms, so long as it is a matching Resort, Villa size and booking category.

An AP discounted room can be requested to keep you in the same room as your DVC ressie, (same matching room as above) but there is no guarantee. You will need to check out and then check back in and may possibly have to change rooms.

Magical Express in no problem if you change resorts for your departure pickup. Just be sure to let them know..

How far in advance will they give you the discount? I was just on-line and the AP discount was only until mid-June and my vacation is in July. I may also try this in December again for a couple of nights. Unfortunately we do not have enough points to book everything I would like to, so this is the best way to go for all the vacations I would like for this year. We are planning on bringing family in December and it will take ALL points we have available by borrowing and what we already have banked. We just added on points and there is no way my husband would agree to any more! :lmao:

How late are you arriving on Friday? Just a thought you could stay at the hotel in the airport and start your trip to AKV the next day. As far as magical express you would have to go grab your bags (but you would have to do that anyways if you arrive later than 9pm I believe). Anyways you can take an early morning bus by just putting a different flight information on you ME info. Since you have to move anyways maybe this would be easier.

Now if you are getting in early enough to do stuff at Disney that would be different

Just an idea (we sometime stay at a close by hotel on reward points (marriott or Holiday inn). They have shuttles to the airport to pick up the ME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter