DVC dining plan...change??

Bmwdsny

<font color=purple>Mom to Tinkerbell-attitude daug
We opt the dining plan for the 10 of us staying at the DVC resort..Now the other party may back out so therefore we all have to back out...How soon before check in if we decieded NOT to utilize the dining plan?? Can we make a change at check in or it had to be before???
I think the dining plan is worth it but my "other" family don't see it that way!! :confused3 :sad2:

I would call ahead to back out just to make things a bit smoother at check-in. I can understand folks not thinking the dining plan is worth it. I don't find it to be a great plan for us most of the time either.

Is this your DVC and they are your guests? If so, and if it were me, I'd tell them that not getting the DDP is not an option. This is, first and foremost, your families vacation. If they don't want what you want then they can fork over the money to get their own room.

But that's just me...
:confused3

JodyTG said:
Is this your DVC and they are your guests? If so, and if it were me, I'd tell them that not getting the DDP is not an option. This is, first and foremost, your families vacation. If they don't want what you want then they can fork over the money to get their own room.

But that's just me...

well we are staying at the Grand Villa and it is either all of us in the dining plan or out, even if we are 2 different families!! :sad2: Yes, we are the dvc family and they are our guests!!

Bmwdsny said:
well we are staying at the Grand Villa and it is either all of us in the dining plan or out, even if we are 2 different families!! :sad2: Yes, we are the dvc family and they are our guests!!

Tell them you've had to back out of your lodging commitment as well. Now you need to charge them $37.99/adult/day and $10.99/child/day for their accomodations. Use the proceeds to pay for their share of the meal plan. Then use "their" credits yourself and enjoy some of the nicer restauants (the two credit ones). If they get offended and don't go, your problem is solved also.

Families...:rolleyes:

I think you have to make any changes to the dining plan prior to check-in.

I know for sure you have to add the dining plan prior to arrival. I would assume that it is the same for backing out of the dining plan.

I would call MS and ask them the question.

Good luck!!

They are GUESTS, so I would treat them as such and let the dining plan go this time. You can get it next trip when you aren't entertaining anyone else.

Bmwdsny said:
We opt the dining plan for the 10 of us staying at the DVC resort..Now the other party may back out so therefore we all have to back out...How soon before check in if we decieded NOT to utilize the dining plan?? Can we make a change at check in or it had to be before???
I think the dining plan is worth it but my "other" family don't see it that way!! :confused3 :sad2:

I would go to allears and show them the prices on the menus as that may show them what a great deal it is. I don't think people don't really understand until they see some of the prices.

The dining plan is a huge value, but alot of it depends on how you chose to eat while you're on vacation. If you plan on buying groceries and cooking in your grand villa, it may not be the best. But, if you're like me and don't want to cook on vacation, and want to enjoy all Disney has to offer in the area of dining without batting an eyelash at the price, I would do whatever you can to do the dining plan for all. We spent $260 on it in early May, and spent $500 in food. That, combined with our DDE card saved a bundle! :Pinkbounc

I guess I'm just a little selfish. Having gotten burned by the "guest" thing in the past, it's our way (DH & I) or you don't go.

WE pick the time of year, WE pick for how long, WE pick the hotel, and WE will decide whether or not the room buys DDE. The way my DH & I look at it, guests are getting a free hotel say. If they don't like the plans we've made then nothing is forcing them to go and they probably wouldn't be very much fun anyway.

Our vacations are sacred to us. Our kids aren't going to be young forever and we want our times together on vacation to be great memories.

Wow, having typed this out, I do sound pretty bad... :blush:

Thanks everyone for your feedback...The problem is that we are disney frequent guests and they are not. If they have it their way, they rather cook in villas...BUT NOT ME!! I use the kitchen for breakfast and late night snacks but i like to go out..But that the feeling i have, that they are staying for "free".
They are lot of fun to be with but unfortunely we have different vacation philiosphies!! :sad2: and yes i did show them the all ears menus. but they attitude is that they wouldn't pay much for meals anyway!! it just gets me aggravated. they have not been to disney for 10 years, never been to MGM and AK, and i want to take them to cool places to eat..there are 6 kids involved ages ranging from 9 - 13.

Yeah, families!! :rolleyes: tell me about it!!! Let's hope for the best!!! :rolleyes2

Bmwdsny said:

Cancel the whole trip and come to the BBQ!

;)

j

Scratch42 said:
Cancel the whole trip and come to the BBQ!

;)

j

:wave2:

You so funny Janet!!!! Did sandy talk into you to tell me this??? :rotfl2: :rolleyes:

Bmwdsny said:
:wave2:

You so funny Janet!!!! Did sandy talk into you to tell me this??? :rotfl2: :rolleyes:

No, but I'm sure she would say the same thing!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

j

If this were my dilemma, I would explain to the other family that you had planned on everyone doing the DDP and the fact that they don't want to will cost you money. While they may still not opt to take the DDP, they should reimburse you for the extra costs you'll incur by them backing out.

I tried the dining plan in September last year when it was free. It is a great value. I just came back two weeks ago paying for it, just my table services paid for it not mentioning lunches and snacks. I would never go without it, unless you plan on eating hamburgers and hot dogs every meal. They will end up costing you much more. I think they should do what you want. We think it is such a great deal we will be going back in September for 10 days. :cool1:

I'd do this. Tell them that you'll keep them on the plan, and they will just pay you what they would have paid out of pocket for food - you'll make a profit!

Absoluely though, if you are providing the room, they should go on the DDP if you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter