DVC Dining Discounts

Dean

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
Anyone used the DVC dining discount for lunch at Fulton's Crab House. It is listed on the website as 30% for lunch which doesn't make sense. Is this a typo and it's really 20%?

Yep- we've gotten the 30% discount there on our last 2 trips. The 30% discount is only for lunch and alcoholic beverages are not included - but there is no better discount as DDP and DDE are nto accepted and even the Levy Restaurant discount is less than the DVC.

We have enjoyed Fulton's for years even without the discount. This is a real bonus! It's not a misprint.

Yep- we've gotten the 30% discount there on our last 2 trips. The 30% discount is only for lunch and alcoholic beverages are not included - but there is no better discount as DDP and DDE are nto accepted and even the Levy Restaurant discount is less than the DVC.

We have enjoyed Fulton's for years even without the discount. This is a real bonus! It's not a misprint.
Thanks Rob. I'll make a reservation for an upcoming trip. We will not have any DDE or DDP for either of our 2 upcoming trips so I'm trying to tie in the DVC and AP discounts with where we want to eat anyway. It's hard to pass up a 30% discount even if it isn't my first choice in dining. I changed my choices around a little when I realized that the AP discount for most places is M-F. Moved San Angel to weekend to use DVC discount at lunch and Whispering Canyon and Le Cellier to weekdays to use the AP discount.

Make sure you are there while they are still serving lunch (I think it's 3pm - might be 4pm - but not positive, so it would be best to confirm the time). Once they start serving dinner the discount drops back to 10%.

Yes, it sure helps to plan out the dining discounts ahead of time - just like many other aspects of Disney (and timeshares). :)

I saw that too, but I didnt really believe it either. Thanks Dean for asking.:thumbsup2 I may have to book a nice lunch there for our family reunion in June. That would be a nice savings.

Do you think that not taking the DDP is causing them to offer such a big discount or is DTD just slow at lunch time?

I noticed the Hoop De Doo Discount increased from 10% to 20% for the 9:30 pm show when I called to book it. We are on the DDP this next trip, but we are paying cash with the DVC discount so we can use our 2 credits elsewhere.:banana:

Make sure you are there while they are still serving lunch (I think it's 3pm - might be 4pm - but not positive, so it would be best to confirm the time). Once they start serving dinner the discount drops back to 10%.

Yes, it sure helps to plan out the dining discounts ahead of time - just like many other aspects of Disney (and timeshares). :)
I believe I saw it listed somewhere where the perk is good till 3 pm. I don't think any of the perks or discounts are a deal breaker but it never hurts to save a few $$ if it fits easily into your plans anyway.

LIFERBABE, I don't know why. The AP discount is 20%/10%. I don't recall ever seeing a 30% dining discount for AP, DVC, DDE or anything else. My recollection is that Fulton's has been fairly stingy with discounts over the years. Hopefully it'll stay in place until our late May trip.

LIFERBABE, I don't know why. The AP discount is 20%/10%. I don't recall ever seeing a 30% dining discount for AP, DVC, DDE or anything else. My recollection is that Fulton's has been fairly stingy with discounts over the years. Hopefully it'll stay in place until our late May trip.

Dean, thats what I recall too. I know the 1 time we ate there, we went for Dinner and there was no discount offered. We did enjoy it, and will be happy to return.

Thanks Rob. I'll make a reservation for an upcoming trip. We will not have any DDE or DDP for either of our 2 upcoming trips so I'm trying to tie in the DVC and AP discounts with where we want to eat anyway. It's hard to pass up a 30% discount even if it isn't my first choice in dining. I changed my choices around a little when I realized that the AP discount for most places is M-F. Moved San Angel to weekend to use DVC discount at lunch and Whispering Canyon and Le Cellier to weekdays to use the AP discount.

Is there a link or is all of this on the DVC member site. I would like to know which restaurants we could eat at to get these discounts. SO are most for M-F and only lunch? Thanks.

The 30% lunch discount at Fulton's was also listed in the DVC Magazine that just came out. I was very excited about that. That is a sweet discount.

Is there a link or is all of this on the DVC member site. I would like to know which restaurants we could eat at to get these discounts. SO are most for M-F and only lunch? Thanks.
It's on the member website under Member Perks. The M-F I was referring to was actually the AP discounts. I don't recall any limitations on days of the week for DVC though there are some that are restricted by time like Yachtsman, Citrico's and Hoop.

It's on the member website under Member Perks. The M-F I was referring to was actually the AP discounts. I don't recall any limitations on days of the week for DVC though there are some that are restricted by time like Yachtsman, Citrico's and Hoop.

I am planning a trip to POLY. Does the DVC MEMBER CARD get me dining discounts? Or, does it get me discounts with AP? If need AP, do I have to pay any other fees to get food discount?

I am planning a trip to POLY. Does the DVC MEMBER CARD get me dining discounts? Or, does it get me discounts with AP? If need AP, do I have to pay any other fees to get food discount?
The AP will get you 10% at the Kona Cafe but M-F. DVC will get the same discount but 7 days it appears. The AP will also get you a discount and access to the Disney Dining Experience will gives you 20% to most restaurants 7 days a week. That is the best way to go for many even at the $60 or so yearly cost for the card. The DDE also provides some valet parking options and a discount on ETOH which none of others do. Allearsnet.com has a pdf which compares the 3 but unfortunately it is not completely up to date. I think mousesavers may have discount info also.

The AP will get you 10% at the Kona Cafe but M-F. DVC will get the same discount but 7 days it appears. The AP will also get you a discount and access to the Disney Dining Experience will gives you 20% to most restaurants 7 days a week. That is the best way to go for many even at the $60 or so yearly cost for the card. The DDE also provides some valet parking options and a discount on ETOH which none of others do. Allearsnet.com has a pdf which compares the 3 but unfortunately it is not completely up to date. I think mousesavers may have discount info also.

Can I get the DDE w/o an AP?

Yes, your DVC membership card will entitle you to any discounts available thru DVC - even though you are not staying at a DVC resort. You can print out a list of dining discounts (and others) right from the members site. DVC members staying at DVC resorts will get a copy of the "Portable Perks" with all available discounts at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter