DVC cash rate at AKL

tmgandolph

Mouseketeer
Hi all,
I am planning out my next trip to WDW and am curious about the cash rate at DVC Kinandi for DVC members. I want to compare the price of renting points vs. the DVC cash discount rate vs. Disney's current promotions (provided they are offered in the future.
Since I want to stay in a 2br DVC resort DVC member services said they cannot help because my planned trip is outside of the 11 month window. (Planning to go mid October next year)
Any one have any experience with the ropugh percentage off they received for the cash rate discount in the past?
Thanks much!

When a member cash discount is available, it's always 25% off rack rate.

The member cash discount is supposedly only offered when DVC projects that it will not be able to fill a resort with members staying on points. It's viewed as a better alternative than letting a room sit empty.

However, everything I have heard suggests October has been exceptionally popular this year with resorts fully booked even 3-4 months out. On that basis alone, I wouldn't hold out much hope of getting a discount through Member Services.

You could still book a DVC villa through central reservations (i.e. travel agent or Disney website) but that stay cannot be tied directly to the points stay. You'll have to check-in again on the day the reservation switches from points to cash and there's a chance of a room switch being mandated by the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter