DVC~ Beach Club waiting list

vfinder1

Mouseketeer
After a November trip to Disney we have decided that the DVC is a great deal for us. We go to disney every year and think its going to be a great investment. Our resort of choice for this is the Beach Club, we are wanting 300 points, but we are currently on a waiting list. Any ideas how long we will be on this waiting list? Any suggestions how to get higher on the list? Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

:)

We have been on the list since the beginning of Dec.. We put any points any use year. I sure hope the wait isn't too long.... But we are expecting a year or more wait.

How many points did you request that you had to wait almost 1 year?

I bought BeachClub through the Timeshare Store with a phone call and then approved and finalized. I received a year of banked points with it. Why wait a year?

Why waitlist the TSS has almost 20 listings for BCV? What is the price through DVC?

Why do people decide to sell through a time share store instead of Disney?
Does the timeshare store give them more money than Disney?

Why do people decide to sell through a time share store instead of Disney?
Does the timeshare store give them more money than Disney?

Disney doesn't deal with buying your contract back. They wait for a resaler and then do there ROFR.
If the contract is to low then Disney will buy that contract back for the same price it was decided on by the resaler.

I was on the wait list to purchase 150 BCV pts and after hearing it could take up to 6 months or more I decided to purchase through the TSS. I went on the wait list Oct 10th. After being on the wait list for 2 months exactly, I received my pts. I had to turn them down since I already signed a resale contract. I was upset, if only I would of waited a couple more weeks I would of purchased through Disney and already been in the system. I'm still waiting for the resale contract to close. Another couple of weeks and I should be closed and hopefully in the system. I have an upcoming trip to OKW and would love to be DVC members before I leave.

We waited about 3 1/2 months for 150 BCV points any use year. I would suggest telling your guide to break up your 300 point request into smaller contracts. It might be easier to get your points started that way.

We have been on the list since the beginning of Dec.. We put any points any use year. I sure hope the wait isn't too long.... But we are expecting a year or more wait.

How many points did you request that you had to wait almost 1 year?

I waited about 6 or 8 weeks to get my points through Disney. My resale through TSS took much longer than that to go through ROFR and closing.

If you have the cash to buy now, then definitely go resale.

If you don't have the cash to buy and are planning to finance thru DVC, then IMO you really need to look at the numbers carefully. All of the interest you are likely to pay on the loan combined with the fact that BCV contracts only have 35 years left really diminishes the value. At $95 per point plus closing costs, plus interest over 10 years, (not to mention annual dues) it could take you 15-20 years just to break even on the purchase.

If you get on the list for any UY, and break up your request into two 150pt contracts, your wait shouldn't be too long.

vfinder1....

I wanted 100 total pts. Got 70 then 3 weeks later got 30.
A guide...not mentioning names here where "big brother" surfs...suggested to me to get on the TSS's wait list too !!!! I did that.

NO guide can manipulate the system..but..mine was "watching out for me" and called me to see if I wanted the 70..then we will wait for the 30...I said yepper!!:woohoo: The TSS has yet to call me with any offers..and that was in '05.

True...only 35 more yrs. to go for the BCV. Guess I'll be looking for another "home"!!:lmao:
So...how do you guys think I'll look at SAB in a thong my last year as a DVC member at 97 years old?????:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

We went on the waitlist November 1, 2006 for 50-60 BCV points with a February use year and we are still waiting.

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter