Dvc ap ????

jupers

DIS Veteran
Hi All...I'm probably going to buy an AP since I have 3 trips planned. Can I buy it at the resort with the DVC discount? Or, do I have to go through MS?
Anything else I should know?
TIA

:) We purchased our APs by vouchers on-line before a price increase in like August last year, then turned the vouchers in-in December at AK. Once I had the real Aps then I purchased a TIW at the same window. It was great-we have gotten three trips out of those and will get two out of the next. If you want to get a TIW card-I know you can only get those a guest relations. Be sure you keep up with cards I think there is like a $50 replacement fee or something but the APs are totally worth it.

It is 6:17 a.m. my time, and I am not a morning person, so someone will come along and correct me if wrong.:thumbsup2

Your options are either to order in advance on-line or over the phone and then pick-up actual APs when you get there, or just wait to purchase when you get there. Either way, you will need your ID and DVC member card at time of pick-up at WDW and the first effective day of the pass is when you pick it up at WDW. However, there have been mixed reports on whether you can actually do that at the resort -- in years past the place to get them was at Guest Services right outside the parks or in Downtown Disney; lately some have reported being able also to get them at resorts and others that you still cannot get them at the resorts.

In choosing whether to wait until you get there, you need to consider the possibility of a price increase before getting there. The benefit of purchasing in advance is that you lock in current price.

Does anyone know if I can get a DVC AP and TIW card at the International Gateway entrance to Epcot? We'll be entering from there but I'm not sure if they are a 'full-service' guest services.

TIA!

I was able to purchase my DVC AP at the beach club desk in March of this year with no problems. It was convenient and painless (except for the cost):scared1:

I was able to purchase my DVC AP at the beach club desk in March of this year with no problems. It was convenient and painless (except for the cost):scared1:

Ok, thanks! Maybe I'll be able to get mine at OKW then, which is where we are staying!

Does anyone know if they do TIW, too at the resorts?

Ok, thanks! Maybe I'll be able to get mine at OKW then, which is where we are staying!

Does anyone know if they do TIW, too at the resorts?

I think TIW is only at Guest Services at the parks or at DTD. We got our PAPs and TIW at DTD.

I think TIW is only at Guest Services at the parks or at DTD. We got our PAPs and TIW at DTD.

Thanks -- that's what I thought, too. Last time I got my TiW and DVC AP at MK Guest services but would be really nice if I could do it all when I check in at OKW.

Thanks -- that's what I thought, too. Last time I got my TiW and DVC AP at MK Guest services but would be really nice if I could do it all when I check in at OKW.

Hop the boat from OKW over to DTD and get it there

Hop the boat from OKW over to DTD and get it there

Good idea ... we have dinner at Garden Grove on our first night so was planning to do it at Intl Gateway but taking the boat to DTD earlier in the day might be a pleasant and fun "first" ride at Disney. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Hi All...I'm probably going to buy an AP since I have 3 trips planned. Can I buy it at the resort with the DVC discount? Or, do I have to go through MS?
Anything else I should know?
TIA

I purchased our APs through the DVC website, then printed vouchers. Then we took vouchers to Guest Services at DTD. SSR could not exchange them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter