DVC annual pass question

ems_mom

DIS Veteran
Probably a dumb question, but does anyone know why my first annual pass reads on the back, Annual pass dvc (upgrade)? I thought I purchased reg. passes but a clerk in MK told me I had a premium annual pass and gave me 20% off my purchase. What does DVC upgrade mean?

It's not a premium annual pass and some cast members misinterpret the "upgrade". I've been given the 20% discount, but it was by error. Not sure why it says "upgrade" though.

Did you pay for a premium or did you pay for a regular one? Did you buy it through the Disney site or did you buy it at Disney World? We always order ours through the DVC site, and I've never seen the words "upgrade" on them. We've had the DVC discounted APs for as long as they have been available.

Did you pay for a premium or did you pay for a regular one? Did you buy it through the Disney site or did you buy it at Disney World? We always order ours through the DVC site, and I've never seen the words "upgrade" on them. We've had the DVC discounted APs for as long as they have been available.

We bought ours via the DVC member site and picked them up at EPCOT. They are standard AP and say "upgrade". Odd

When they had the stay in the castle promotion for AP holders I found I did not have the ID number on the back of my regular DVC AP. I took it to town hall guest services in MK to get the ID. They reissued the pass and lo and behold the ID was there and it also said "upgrade" on it. Did you have the pass reissued at any time because that may have put the upgrade on it.

When we left ours in the room at the start of this years vacation :mad: (jet lag) we were able to have them re-issued at the Studios and they had upgrade on them as well.

I would have suggested it was a bit of pixie dust, but it seems to be a pretty common experience.

I purchased my DVC AP through member services last Spring as a Will Call. I picked it up at the Guest Services at the International Gateway in Epcot and it says DVC Upgrade on it.

I've got a premium pass, and mine says, "PREMIUM ANNUAL PASS DVC (UP) AGES(10+)" It was purchased from the DVC Web site as a will-call ticket, and picked up at the Epcot International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!