• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DVC 1,000 Point Club (2024)

If adding a few hundred more points was already in the plans and you have a budget and a solid forecast of what you will do with the points then I think you should consider buying at BLT if that is a true goal for you. I’d also ask if heading west to Disneyland is ever a need and would having points there be a requirement? Of course BLT resale becomes a whole different value in 2042 and beyond and would having more direct points help you. What if they actually build reflections a few years from now and that has great theme park views…. That’s the fun of DVC. So many options.

You also may consider if having two UYs are a good idea as you progress down this path. Not recommended for most, but if you have a ton of points that you can leverage to do cool things in each UY then you can have less dead spots across the year. I have two with good overlap at two peak times and I like that coverage.

After reflecting on the likely scenario that our resort preferences will change over time and my new theory that with enough points I can still book high point cost accommodations almost anywhere even at 7 months out, I decided it didn't matter that much where the next few hundred points were based. I also don't want to bequeath contracts to my heirs that have restrictions on them [Edit: I also prefer not to have different UY contracts], which took some shine off the resale contracts. The net of all this is that I just bought another 300 points at OKW, which gives me 1400 total. That better be enough to book/stay often at cabins/bungalows/grand villas !

Hope my 1400 point total can be updated on the first post so I can move up the leader board, because that's what really counts. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter