Dutch Themepark Efteling beats Tokyo Disney Sea in "Best Park" 2017

Karin1984

DIS Veteran
Just because I, as Dutch girl, can boast about this: The Theme Park Insider Awards have been announced and after Tokyo Disney Sea being the winner for Best Park for the last 5 years in a row, it now has been beaten by Dutch theme park Efteling :) As being from this very small country, I am really proud and happy about this. It's a very beautiful park which I think every theme park enthusiast should see one day.

The new ride Symbolica, which opened last week is a trackless ride, like Pooh in Tokyo, Mystic Manor in Hong Kong and Ratatouille in Paris is an amazing new ride. I can't wait to go there and try it.

Disneyland Paris has won Best New Show, with Mickey and the Magician :) Also happy with this, as it is a very nice show. Even though I think the French/English ratio is out of balance in the dialogues.

Other Disney winner:
Flight of Passage - Best New Ride
Tiffins - Best Table Service
Victoria & Alberts - Best Hotel Restaurant

Rightfully so. We're very lucky with the Efteling within driveable distance. It's the only park I know that gets close to the attention to detail and the magic Disney has.

To be honest I don't get the hype around Mickey and the Magician. The show is fine, don't get me wrong, but not fantastic. Cinemagique was amazing but sadly stopped recently.

Efterling has been on my bucket list for about 5 years ever since first discovered it in a travel book I think, and did some on-line research. One day we will get there!! We did really enjoy Tiffins (the taste of menu which was unbelievable value) last trip to WDW.

Rightfully so. We're very lucky with the Efteling within driveable distance. It's the only park I know that gets close to the attention to detail and the magic Disney has.

To be honest I don't get the hype around Mickey and the Magician. The show is fine, don't get me wrong, but not fantastic. Cinemagique was amazing but sadly stopped recently.

I really like the combination of live singing, face characters and the dancing (The section of Aladdin is amazing). Cinemagique (Which I loved) is more aimed at children, I think Mickey and the Magician can entertain more on adult-level.

Efterling has been on my bucket list for about 5 years ever since first discovered it in a travel book I think, and did some on-line research. One day we will get there!! We did really enjoy Tiffins (the taste of menu which was unbelievable value) last trip to WDW.

If you ever make it here, Wendy let me know, I'm more than willing to guide foreign fans to help with the language. There will be some signs in English and of course maps and menus, but the large part will be in Dutch :)
I'm by no means a Efteling regular, but I've been there several times.

Ok so, I went for the first time to Efteling some months ago. Unfortunately Symbolica was still under construction. I was really curious about this park!

I have to say that this is really a unique park. All the rides (despite being all really "compressed"), are so wonderfully themed! Flying Dutchman and baron are really a pure joy for the eyes! Dromvluch was incredibly cute (and the spiral was OMG). And all the rest of the park was really well mantained and worked efficiently.

I have to say, probably in my list is not the best park...probably I would enjoy more to come back to Phantasialand or Europa park, but of course it's just my opinion :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!