Durabrand Portable DVD Player w/Two 6.2" Screens..Anyone own this?

thelittlemermaid

<font color=purple>My life was forever changed whe
I have been trying to find something with two screens so it will stop the fighting in the back seat. We have one of the old styles, VHS, that has one screen that is attached to the front seats by straps. Bought when DS was really young to keep him busy on trips.

Now since we have DD, she likes to put her feet on the screen to make her brother mad. LOL!! Plus with having two screens and them being attached to the back of the head rests would be great. There is no way DD can get her feet up that high.

Does anyone own this? How do you like it?

Thanks!!

Haven't heard of this brand--but we just bought two polaroid 7" from Wal Mart and it was cheaper than one with two screens...

You may want to check this option out.

Althoiugh I do not have the Durabrand DVD palyer that you are speaking of, my mother does and she hasn't had any problems with it. With 15 grandkids she thought that she had better get at least two screens. She says it is one of the best things that she ever bought.

Durabrand is mainly carried by Wal-Mart and they will stand behind the product, so if it is a good deal, get and if it doesn't work out for you I am sure that they'll take it back as long as you keep that receipt.

We have this. We purchased it last year at the end of May. The boys use it daily to watch DVDs. We have also purchased an inverter to plug the PS2 into, so they can play it while traveling. One screen can be switched over to Auxillary mode to play the game, and the other screen can still be used to view a DVD. We have been very happy with it (knock on wood). We like to keep the actual unit where the DVD is inserted near the front seats so we can insert the DVDs ourselves. The remote (we found out about 6 months ago) works when pointed at the screens. This way the kids can control what scene they watch, play games, fast forward, etc. Pretty handy. We have one screen attached to the back of the driver's seat, to keep the baby occupied, and the other on the back of the middle seat for the two boys in the back.
--- Angie

I don't have this player that you speak of. However I do have several Durabrand products in my house and they are great. The women who works in our Walmart electronics department said they are Walmart's name brand and they are made by memorex. Hope this helps.

digskat said:
IThe women who works in our Walmart electronics department said they are Walmart's name brand and they are made by memorex. Hope this helps.

Didn't mention this earlier, but I also work for Wal-Mart and yes the Durabrand name is made for Wal-Mart by Memorex. Good quality and Wal-Mart as always stands behind any of their products.

We don't have that but I'll put a plug in for the brand. We have two Durabrand boomboxes, one portable CD player and stereo. I didn't expect much when I bought the first boombox for my son for Christmas one year but he was young and I figured it would get him through a couple of years anyway then when he got older and learned the importance of taking care of things like that he could get a "name" brand one. That was 4 years ago when he was 7, it's still going strong, I bouight the other boombox for dd when she was 6, the portable CD player for her when she was 7 and my son bought the stereo for himself last year. They have all been used and used and used and abused and we've not had one problem. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything that they make, they're inexpensive but definitely not cheaply made. I hope that helps.

I have the one by Mobile Video that I purchased online from Wal Mart. It is great no problems with it... it has been dropped afew times and so have the screens. Very easy to use, the screens are actualluy 9inch which is realyy great. One can be watching a DVD and the other can play a game.

It has my vote for those longs trips...best of all the dollar store head phones work great with it.

Good luck!!!! :bounce:

We have the Durabrand 2 screen DVD player. We use it for long car rides. We have used it only a few times, but when it is being used, it is used for 6 or more hours at a time. We really like it. I think you will be pleased with it.

We bought this same Protable DVD Player ealier last year (April 04). We use this sucker 3 times and wouldn't you know it it stopped working on the way back from Disney!! :guilty: The screens wouldn't turn on. The kids were not happy about it. Finally when we got home we called Duraband to see how we could get it fix. Well the warrenty is only for 90 days (both walmart and the duraband company). So to fix the problem we had to ship off the Dvd player and the two cords that go to the screens but not the screens and pay 25.00 for them to fix it. I just now finally got it in the mail to them and am waiting for it to be returned to me fixed.

I guess I got the bad one in the bunch!! Anyways I'm posting to let you know about the warrenty on this product and be ready to pay to have it fixed after the 90 days are up.

For what it is worth, my son bought a unit yesterday (w/ earned $$$, yea!) from HH Greggs. It is an Audiovox 6.2 single screen for $117.00 on sale, reg $159.00. Best price we have seen to date.

We have this unit. We have used it everyday for the last 3 months. In fact my son spilled my 32 oz diet coke on it last week. I about died. But, it still works. Knock on wood it has been great thus far. I bought it on clearance at Wal-mart for about 175.00.

We bought this last year to ....drive to DisneyWorld! We've only used it about 8 times, but so far i t's been fine. My kids like that one can play a video game on one screen while the other watches a movie.:cheer2:

We have it and love it! Use it whenever we are gonna be in the car over an hour. I always put it away when we reach our destination because I am always afraid of someone seeing it and breaking into the car. We are flying next week to WDW and wish I had one of the little fold up ones for the plane, but for the car with 2 kids- you'll love this!!!

Thanks all for the replys!! :)

tikilyn...Thanks for the info on the warrenty!!!

I finally showed DH Wal Mart's webpage for it. He said it sounded like something we should look into. Especially the part were one kid can be playing a game and the other can watch a movie. DS doesn't really care for the movies DD watches. LOL!!! He's really not into Cinderella and such. And DD isn't into Godzilla and Dinosaurs. :rotfl:

I don't have that exact model but not too long ago we got an Audiovox 2 screen one that is very similar. Best Buy had a "special purchase" sale on the them for $229. It was a specially packaged deal where when we opened the box it had a smaller box with their single screen one and a seperately packaged 2nd screen. The 2 screen system is a lifesaver for us! We had a console floor mounted VCR/TV thing in the van for years but my mother accidentally spilled a drink on it and the TV part died. I had been wanting to upgrade to a DVD player anyway so now I had an excuse. LOL We have no more arguing, we can put one kid in the middle row and one in the back and they can both see a screen (which wasn't possible when the tv was in the console on the floor between the front seats). My oldest loves that he can hook up his little hand held Disney game player thing ($19 at Best Buy ;) ) and play that if he wants to.

The set up of hooking the screen to the back of the headrest works really well!

We love it and haven't had any problems with it. The one thing you should know is that it does not have an internal battery. That means it must be plugged. That's fine in the car, but if you want to take it on an airplane you need to purchase an external battery. You can find them at most electronic stores.

Hope this helps,

Carren

We have it too!!

We love the fact that you can have the main unit up front. That saves from the kids knocking it around. The remote works well from the back seats, so they can still control. We also have the playstation hooked up. One can play videos, while one watchs a movie.

I also went online, and purchased a longer cable to reach to the back seat of our van, and suv. That way the kids never have to touch each other.

We purchased ours in July. It has been good, for 2- 14 hour trips, as well as several 2-3 hour trips to visit relatives. It also worked well for my 3 1/2 hour wait in my van waiting for the tow truck to get me out of a snow bank.

We had another brand from Wal-mart, that we had prob with. Screen stopped after a few times. We recieved it for Christmas, did not return it till July, and Wal-mart still happily gave us a store credit. Thank goodness for their great return policy.

We have this DVD player and it works great!! No complaints here!! Very easy to use and set up.

Hi,

We loved the Durabrand DVD player. We bought it for our daughter in October for her birthday and our drive to Disneyland from Phoenix. However, it was stolen out of our garage (that husband forgot to close) just two days ago. I can't tell you how sad we are. It is really great. We used it all the time and never had a glitch. So good luck! I wish you better luck then us. Ha ha.

Erica

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter